1991 2nd Ave
INNOVATIVE YOUTH ORGANIZATION IN EAST HARLEM SEEKS A FLAG FOOTBALL COACH
DREAM (formerly known as Harlem RBI), an award winning sports-based youth development program, is seeking a dynamic individual to serve as our Flag Football Coach for our after-school athletics component. The ideal candidate will have the opportunity to help offer successful and effective instruction and guidance for the DREAM Charter School flag football team. The Flag Football Coach is a key member of the Athletics Health & Wellness and ensures the continued excellence, growth and sustainability of DREAM’s Athletics programs.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Create and submit practice plans;
- Facilitate 2-3 practices per week;
- Manage roster and game strategy on game day;
- Supervise and manage team and individual behavior at all times using positive discipline techniques and pro-active interventions to ensure the physical and emotional safety of all scholars;
- Model sports-like behavior and maintain appropriate conduct towards players, umpires, and spectators;
- Model and encourage positive youth behaviors and promote DREAM’s mission, values and organizational policies to all staff, participants and stakeholders;
- Other duties as required.
- 2+ years of coaching experience;
- Previous experience playing competitive softball at the high school and/or college level;
- An understanding of flag football rules and regulations;
- Ability to uphold, promote, and model sport based youth development principles;
- CPR/First Aid certification, a plus;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, organization skills and attention to detail.
· Mondays & Wednesdays, 5-6pm and Fridays, 1-3pm;
· Additional hours vary according to scheduled games.
· September 2018 through the middle of November 2018.
· $15 per hour
Minimum Education Required