Under the direction of the Director of Clinical and Forensic Services, the Supervising Clinical Forensic Specialist is responsible for the supervision of Clinical Forensic Specialists and for the provision of direct forensic, mental health and victim advocacy and support services to clients at the Child Advocacy Center. The Supervising Clinical Forensic Specialist supports the Clinical and Senior Directors in coordinating CAC service provision, ensuring adequate program coverage, and providing guidance, direction and clinical expertise to a team of Clinical Forensic Specialists and the Multidisciplinary Team (MDT).
Essential Job Functions:
· Provides direct individual clinical, administrative and observational supervision to a team of three or more Clinical Forensic Specialists in accordance with the CAC’s quality supervision plan;
· Integrates a trauma-informed, client-centered approach, using an anti-oppressive lens, into all client practice and supervision of staff, and coaches staff to ensure all client practice reflects this approach;
· Co-facilitates clinical and forensic peer group supervision;
· Collaborates with the Director of Clinical and Forensic Services to assign cases for on-site mental health and victim advocacy and support services;
· Collaborates with the Director of Clinical and Forensic Services, Multidisciplinary Team Coordinators and the Family Advocates overseeing the proper completion and submission of OVS claim applications and ECAP applications;
· Represents Safe Horizon at client conferences facilitated by ACS, Foster Care Agencies and/or Preventive Agencies to ensure the coordination of mental health, victim advocacy, medical and forensic services through the CAC;
· Collaborates with the Clinical and Senior Directors in implementing CAC quality improvement initiatives relating to forensic interviews, CCP, CCFE, and CFTSI;
· Conducts forensic interviews;
· Provides trauma focused intervention and support to child victims and their on-offending family members;
· Collaborates with the Clinical and Senior Directors in the preparation and presentation of cases for expedited case review and/or case review meetings with the MDT and actively participates in same;
· Collaborates with the Clinical and Senior Directors in the collection and review of data in REDCAP and CMS, and ensures timely and accurate data entry by the Clinical Forensic Specialists;
· Provides consultation to the MDT in areas of CAC best practice, forensic interviewing of children, client engagement, case management, and clinical and service delivery methods;
· Assists the Senior Director with program administration, statistical reporting and program enhancement and development;
· Participates in the recruitment, hiring and orienting of new staff;
· Supervises the activities of graduate interns as needed;
· Other related duties as assigned.
Clinical Forensic Specialist
· A Master’s Degree in Forensic Mental Health Counseling, Psychology, Social Work or a related field.
· LMSW is required. LCSW preferred.
· Prior clinical supervision experience is required.
· Demonstrated appreciation for the CAC multidisciplinary team program model and alignment with Safe Horizon’s anti-racism work
· Sound knowledge of child trauma, child development and issues relating to victimization.
· Demonstrated experience working with children and families impacted by abuse and trauma is preferred.
· Solid track record of strong leadership, organizational, team-building, problem solving and conflict-resolution skills.
If hired, I agree to abide by all of Safe Horizon’s rules and regulations, and understand that, if employed, my employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the company or me. I further understand that no representation, whether oral or written by any representative or agent of the organization, at any time, constitutes a contract of employment
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply
Please follow this link to view complete EEO Law and complaint filing information:
Under the direction of the Director of Clinical and Forensic Services, the Supervising Clinical Forensic Specialist is responsible for the supervision of Clinical Forensic Specialists and for the provision of direct forensic…