Grantmakers for Effective Organizations (GEO) exists to help grantmakers turn their desire to improve into real progress. The GEO community bridges the gap between grantmaking as usual and transformational change. Our community includes more than 6,600 grantmakers working together to turn a hunger for more effective philanthropy into clear pathways for achieving it. We're cutting through the noise to lift up the practices that matter most to nonprofits. GEO cultivates a community for grantmakers to work with their peers while they are navigating the same journey towards improvement. To learn more about how GEO is making faster progress possible, visit www.geofunders.org.
The Knowledge Management Specialist will serve on the Strategy and Learning team under the VP of Strategy and Learning. The specialist is responsible for administration of the Salesforce database, training of staff on appropriate use of the database, and adapting knowledge management procedures to support GEO’s strategic goals. The specialist will also be responsible for a variety of projects across all departments including conducting the annual member engagement analysis, creating dashboards and reports to ensure data quality and support strategic decision making by GEO stakeholders. The specialist will also engage GEO members and others in order to identify and track data related to growth opportunities for GEO to more effectively lead change in the philanthropic sector. Depending on interest and organizational need, this position may involve up to 5-10% travel.
This position is slated to work out of the Washington, D.C. office once the office reopens (date is TBD).
· Worked with S&L and Operations team members to develop a first draft timeline for the annual member engagement survey to be launched in Feb/March
· Attended a weekly check in with your supervisor
· Pulled a report of members who did not attend a GEO’s virtual convening series in 2020 and cross referencing that with the 2019 conference participant roster to identify members with whom we need to find alternate ways of engaging
· Worked with finance team members to determine the right set of fields for monthly reconciliation between CRM and accounting
· Created a dashboard report to mirror real-time grant revenue and membership revenue tracking
· Participated in a program team meeting to identify database support needed for the 2021 conference
· Met with Membership Specialist to verify accurate and effective data for member and funder records.
· Coordinated with the communications team and outside vendors to assist in the integration and maintenance of website-to-salesforce workflow.
· Three to five years of relevant work experience, preferably with nonprofit organizations or associations
· Advanced level experience with databases, data entry and pulling reports (Salesforce experience preferred) with the ability to build or direct the building of custom apps and objects, formula fields, workflows, custom views, and other content of varying complexity
· Experience with technologies, resources and best practices for internal instructional database training maximizing all levels of user experience
· Open-source Website CMS experience a plus (especially with WordPress and Drupal)
· Strong analytical skills with experience identifying patterns and drawing connections from data
· Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and manage multiple projects at the same time
· Strong customer service approach and experience working with a racially and culturally diverse membership
· Ability to build and deepen relationships with members, colleagues and other stakeholders through strong interpersonal skills and motivation to work as part of a team
· Attention to detail
· Commitment to attend to results, process and relationships in all facets of work
· Ability to anticipate, appreciate and reconcile diverse and complex perspectives
· Commitment to the mission and vision of GEO and a commitment to equity, particularly racial equity, with a willingness to proactively learn about it and integrate it into all aspects of the work
Grantmakers for Effective Organizations (GEO) exists to help grantmakers turn their desire to improve into real progress. The GEO community bridges the gap between grantmaking as usual and transformational change. Our…
GEO offers a generous benefits package, including 100 percent employer paid health insurance, three weeks of vacation, twelve sick days, a 7 percent employer retirement contribution, a commitment to professional development and growth, along with a Metro accessible location in downtown D.C.
GEO offers a generous benefits package, including 100 percent employer paid health insurance, three weeks of vacation, twelve sick days, a 7 percent employer retirement…
Interested applicants should apply on our jobs page at https://www.geofunders.org/about-us/jobs, a resume and cover letter must be included with your application. We will not consider applications without a cover letter. In your cover letter, please address the following:
· Why are you a good fit for this position?
· Tell us about your database experience as it relates to database management, design and training.
· What appeals to you about working at GEO?
We will accept applications until the position is filled.
Note: Our team has gone full-time remote in light of the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak. For the time being, we will be conducting the hiring process virtually.
Interested applicants should apply on our jobs page at https://www.geofunders.org/about-us/jobs, a resume and cover letter must be included with your application. We will not…