Woods Hole Research Center
Digital Content Manager
Job HG-DCM 20
Woods Hole Research Center (WHRC) is a leading source of climate science that drives the urgent action needed to solve climate change. WHRC seeks a Digital Content Manager to craft cutting-edge climate science research into engaging and authentic multi-media content. This newly created position is responsible for executing digital stories and campaigns from initial development through final delivery and publication. The DCM excels in narrative writing, video production, visual storytelling and social media. The successful candidate will bring a creative and analytical approach to building on-line communities. We seek an energetic, collaborative, mission-driven communications professional to apply their digital content creation experience to help fight climate change.
About the Woods Hole Research Center:
Located on a 10-acre campus near the village of Woods Hole, the Woods Hole Research Center (WHRC) is a private, non-profit research organization and leader in addressing the global environmental issues of our time through science and policy. The core focus is to conduct high quality scientific research, and policy analysis/implementation. WHRC has 65 staff members, including experts on global environment issues.
WHRC has an annual operating budget of $12M, and over the past three fiscal years has experienced a significant rise in fundraising results relative to the organization’s history. Philanthropic support is vitally important, allowing WHRC to develop and inform worldwide policies and scientific strategies in response to climate change. The Center conducts research throughout the Amazon, the Arctic, central Africa, and North America, and collaborates with a wide variety of partners to understand the causes and impacts of climate change and to implement science-based policies and climate solutions. Dollars raised support complex worldwide research, education and policy formulation in the areas of arctic warming, tropical deforestation, conservation and restoration.
The Digital Content Manager is a key member of a dynamic Communications team. This role is responsible for crafting, managing, and executing the Woods Hole Research Center’s digital communications and social media strategies. Reporting to and working directly with the Chief Communications Officer (CCO), the Digital Content Manager (DCM) will play a vital role in growing the digital communication strategy for the world’s leading independent climate change research organization. In collaboration with the CCO, responsibilities include collaborating with climate scientists to brainstorm and develop story concepts, creating compelling digital stories for diverse audiences across platforms and the developing detailed digital content and marketing project plans, timelines and budgets. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, entrepreneurial, and willing to take ownership of critical duties.
· Collaborate with climate scientists to brainstorm and develop story concepts.
· Create compelling digital stories for diverse audiences across platforms.
· Ability to produce video content.
· Develop detailed digital content and marketing project plans, timelines, and budgets.
· Collaborate with internal teams to design and implement social media, web, and SEO/SEM strategies that will achieve identified business goals.
· Be able to execute all aspects of social media plan.
· Participate and contribute to the planning, activation and maintenance of campaigns across various platforms.
· Ensure measurement of communication efforts are utilized to analyze performance, optimize reach and ensure productivity of digital content.
· Keep current on best practices and trends in digital communication and be a thought leader in the space.
· Ability to travel 20-30%, as well as work flexible hours when needed.
· Bachelor’s degree in Visual Journalism, Film Production, Communications, or related field.
· 5+ years working in brand storytelling, digital journalism and social media content creation.
· Ability to use both Mac/PC platform, as well as an extensive Adobe Suite proficiency in Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop and Canva. Illustrator and InDesign experience is helpful but not required.
· Demonstrated ability to provide excellent editorial video storytelling deliverables to internal clients for external audiences.
· Experience with in-depth video editing, After Effects, coloring and mastering is a plus.
· Excellent knowledge of paid and organic social media platforms, digital marketing reporting tools, and analytics.
· Able to drive multiple projects in various mediums to completion in parallel, all while on tight deadlines.
· Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams; scientific teams preferred.
· Genuine openness to feedback and constant, fluid change.
· Superior organizational skills, especially with large volumes of digital visual content such as video, photographs and graphic assets.
· Highly organized, attention to detail, results-oriented
· Exceptional written, oral and presentation skills
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
· Ability to creatively find solutions to challenges
· Ability to anticipate, manage and resolve conflicts
· Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
· Team player with leadership skills, abilities and desire to interact with people at all levels
Desired Start Date: August 17, 2020 or sooner.
Application Deadline: July 24, 2020 or until position is filled.
Classification and Compensation: This is a full-time salaried; exempt position. WHRC offers a competitive salary as well as a generous benefit package.
Location: This position allows for a flexible location, with travel (25-35%) to field sites and the WHRC Campus.
Application Instructions: To apply, please email your cover letter, resume, writing sample, portfolio link and contact information for three references, as one PDF attachment to email@example.com. Please type HG-DCM 20 in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Woods Hole Research Center
Digital Content Manager
Job HG-DCM 20
Woods Hole Research Center (WHRC) is a leading source of climate science that drives the urgent action needed to solve climate change. WHRC seeks a Digital…
To apply, please email your cover letter, resume, writing sample, portfolio link and contact information for three references, as one PDF attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please type HG-DCM 20 in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
To apply, please email your cover letter, resume, writing sample, portfolio link and contact information for three references, as one PDF attachment to email@example.com. Please…