Details: Nonprofit salary commensurate with experience; holidays, vacation, retirement, family leave.
103 East Main Street
Climate change is one of the most pressing issues of our time. We face unprecedented rollbacks of our federal environmental protections. It is up to us to stand up to these rollbacks by educating the public about the need to act on climate at every level of government. The VCN Federal Climate & Energy Organizer will help drive a coordinated effort to build support for action on climate. The organizer will work with VCN’s Network of 100 conservation organizations to build a broad network of community leaders in targeted communities within the Commonwealth to slow down and stop the worst rollbacks at the federal level.
The organizer is responsible for:
• Identifying, educating, and mobilizing VCN’s Network Partners and members of the public on the need to act on climate and support clean energy policies.
• Recruiting support from other key constituencies in order to influence target decision-makers
• Generating opinion and non-opinion media about the need to act on climate
• Regularly engaging decision makers
• Participating in regularly in-person and phone planning meetings
• Demonstrated experience in community organizing
• A passion for the environment and climate action
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work well independently and outside of an office setting
• Ability and willingness to work occasional weekend or evening hours for special events
Richmond, Virginia. Some travel required.
Minimum Education Required