Part Time Contract
Details: This is a contract position with hourly rate set based on experience.
About How Women Lead
How Women Lead elevates diverse women leaders in the corporate, public, philanthropic, and nonprofit sectors by cultivating a robust network that trains, invests in, and connects women executives who are catalysts in their fields. Founded in 2011, we bring together a network of over 3,500 women to strengthen their leadership tool boxes and networks to effect greater impact in their respective fields.
How Women Lead’s philanthropic arm, How Women Give, provides grants and invaluable connections to women’s and girls’ organizations on the frontlines of today’s most critical issues. In 2017, we became managing partner for the national 2020 Women on Boards effort to increase the percentage of women on U.S. company boards. In March 2018, we announced the acquisition of the Global Women’s Leadership Network, and will continue its flagship transformative leadership training, Women Leaders for the World.
Reporting to the CEO and Head of Operations, the Program and Event Coordinator will manage the development and execution of How Women Lead’s two international programs, the Leadership Summit and Women Leaders for the World, and provide on-site event support for How Women Lead’s monthly events. The perfect candidate will be a proactive problem solver, technology fluent, detail oriented, adaptable, and committed to promoting women’s leadership and philanthropy.
The Program Coordinator is a 30-35 hour/week, independent contractor who will work and be supervised remotely, with occasional in-person meetings in the SF Bay Area. Hours may increase prior to program events.
Job Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
● Project manage How Women Lead’s two international programs, the Leadership Summit; and Women Leaders for the World (60% time)
○ Create and manage each program’s timeline, and orient all other team members towards achieving program goals
○ Ensure appropriate outreach and follow-up with clients, partners, funders, and collaborators, including scheduling and setting meeting agendas
○ Manage and execute all logistics and administrative tasks for each program, including but not limited to: securing venues, securing speakers and trainers, managing travel and visas for participants, invoicing, etc.
○ Develop and update program materials, including but not limited to: microsites (WIX website), delegation lists, sponsorship handouts, attendee handouts, etc.
○ Create and manage inspiring social media and communications for each program
○ Maintain historical program knowledge and keep How Women Lead’s information management systems (Salesforce) up to date
○ Outreach and supervise volunteer support as needed
○ Take initiative to perform other tasks as needed to ensure the smooth execution of both programs
● Provide on-site event support monthly to other How Women Lead programs as needed (40% time)
○ Create and update event invitations
○ Shop for event materials
○ Manage attendance on Eventbrite, and create name tags and event agendas
○ Be the liaison for the on-site logistical coordinator and caterer
○ Schedule prep calls and after event dinners
○ Create program PowerPoints and presentations
○ Manages on-site event setup
Skills and Abilities:
● Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, accuracy, time management, and ability to prioritize tasks and manage-up
● Ability to flourish in a fast-paced environment, enthusiasm for taking initiative and problem solving, and excellent judgment and decision-making skills
● Stand out interpersonal skills, including a professional demeanor with senior leaders, and a great memory and ability to make connections with thought leaders and participants
● Proficient technology skills
● Good eye for graphic design (although technical graphic design skills not required)
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● Access to a personal computer, printer, phone, and car
● Availability during regular business hours, and flexibility during evenings and weekends as needed to prepare for and host events
● Availability to work remotely, with colleagues in San Rafael, CA, and at different locations throughout the SF Bay Area
Level of Language Proficiency
Education and Experience
● Minimum two years relevant work experience
● Knowledge and commitment to women’s issues, women’s leadership, or philanthropy preferred
● Bachelor’s degree
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Applications
● Familiarity with Salesforce, Dropbox, Box, and Wix preferred
● Ability to have contract employment (1099) - Rate based on experience
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 30, 2018. Please write “Program and Event Coordinator - YOUR NAME” in the subject of the email. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. This is a contract position with hourly rate set based on experience.
How Women Lead is committed to diversity and practicing equal opportunity employment in recruiting and hiring. Qualified candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.