800 Boylston Street
Position Title: Gift Team Manager
Reports to: Director of Development Operations
Location: Boston, MA
The Gift Team Manager is primarily responsible for managing and overseeing all aspects of PIH’s gift processing including revenue reconciliation. They are responsible for ensuring the processing of over 120,000 transactions per fiscal year on behalf of PIH. The Gift Team Manager will lead the efforts for implementing proper gift entry procedures, interprets policy and ensure compliance.
Staff Management (55%)
- Manages the gift team to balance the work load in order to maintain timely and accurate entry of all gifts. Leads the gift processing activities, including batch tracking, and gift imports. Oversees scanning and filing of donor backup.
- Supervises gift processors, monitors gift team performance and provides ongoing training as procedures are tweaked or new procedures are implemented. Assesses in advance, the need for additional resources in peak seasons by monitoring trends in transaction volume.
Financial and Operational tasks (20%)
- Works closely with the team Coordinator to review all reconciliation efforts with PIH financial system and revenue accounts. Meets with Finance staff to ensure accurate fund and revenue code reconciliation is achieved on a monthly and annual basis.
- Point of contact for maintaining communication and follow through with the lockbox vendors. Collaborates with the Director on all changes to lockbox processes and strategies.
- Point person for reviewing our brokerage account and identifies all stock transfers with its appropriate valuation. Communicates with gift officers on large stock transfers received to ensure proper donor credit and notifies Finance of stocks that should be sold.
- Works closely with Development’s IS team to ensure proper flow of gifts through various streams and platforms and suggests creative automation efforts where necessary.
Compliance and Quality control (25%)
- Spot checks small selection of gift batches entered on a daily basis to ensure accuracy. Especially focused on entry of high dollar pledges and gifts and monitors large donations that are expected from MG/PG donors.
- Runs quality control reports for any coding discrepancies and delays, and recommends adjustments to processes as necessary.
- Regularly communicates with lockbox vendors providing feedback about accuracy and desired admin support.
- Along with the Deputy Director of Development Operations, collaborates with the review and upkeep of all operations manuals and gift processing guide and informs team of new additions and edits as they occur. Reinforces new protocols in order to ensure integrity of the data.
- Serves as liaison with Development Officers, and Finance staff for all gift related questions and to ensure all new funds are created in the fundraising system and all restricted gifts are designated correctly.
Qualifications & Expectations
- Bachelor’s degree required and 4+ years of experience working with data, and supervising data entry staff or office support staff.
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or the use of other fundraising software is required. Solid computer skills in a PC environment with the capability to master new software applications and technologies in database management. Good skills in the functional use of Excel, Powerpoint and Microsoft word.
- Must be professional, focused and motivated to learn and have the ability to adapt to changing priorities, as well as lead the team effectively through change. Must have an even disposition with a poised confidence and have the ability to deal effectively with people from different backgrounds, experience levels and in all types of situations.
- This position requires tremendous attention to detail, organization, process management, and goal orientation.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to transfer data and ideas into a logical evaluative format.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, and must take the initiative to maintain a strong work ethic at all times. Must be able to develop excellent relationships with members of the development team and other PIH colleagues.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully under pressure and to accommodate change. Proven ability to work independently as well as collaboratively on a team.
Partners In Health (PIH) is an international health organization relentlessly committed to improving the health of the poor and marginalized. PIH partners with local governments to build local capacity and works closely with impoverished communities to deliver high-quality health care, address the root causes of illness, train providers, advance research, and advocate for global policy change.
PIH currently has implementation programs in Haiti, Rwanda, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Peru, Mexico, Russia, Sierra Leone, Navajo Nation and Kazakhstan. Through our partnership with Harvard Medical School and the Brigham and Women’s Hospital, we support a wide range of programs in dozens of other countries around the world.
Partners In Health is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Level of Language Proficiency
Proficient English language skills
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Cover Letter and Resume/CV are required in addition to the application