Founded in 1921 by Franklin. D. Roosevelt, the Netherland-America Foundation (NAF) is a foundation initiating and supporting cultural, educational, and business exchange between the Netherlands and the United States. The NAF provides Fulbright Fellowships, internship programs, a student loan program and programs in the arts, business, public policy, and historic preservation. The NAF raises funds through special events, membership contributions, grants, and general donations to support its mission and programs.
The NAF is looking to hire an enthusiastic Program Manager to support the organization’s growing educational, cultural, and business programs. These programs include, among others, various scholarship and internship programs, a student loan program, cultural grantmaking, as well original programming (events, lectures, webinars), chapter programming, alumni programs, and more.
The program manager is responsible for a wide variety of cross-functional activities to support these programs and will help support the NAF in fulfilling its programmatic goals and achieving its long-term vision in its second century.
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated self-starter with a strong commitment to excellence and is eager to create impact. The ideal candidate enjoys working collaboratively with a close-knit small team, but who also craves taking the reins on initiatives. There is enormous potential to create meaningful and far-reaching impact in this role by helping the Foundation’s effectively manage and grow its programs.
• Manage all the NAF programs in an efficient manner, automate and leverage technology and data where possible.
• Organize meetings with education, culture, intern, and event committees – write Committee minutes and implement Committee program decisions
• Support our constituents and those we serve: interns, fellows, scholars, alumni, grantees, volunteers, and chapters
• Manage program budgeting and reporting
• Support chapters in executing chapter programs
• Help develop, coordinate, and implement original programming on historical, cultural and other topics relevant to Dutch-American relations
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Minimum three years of professional work experience required with progressive levels of responsibility
• Experience with database grants management systems (Submittable or similar preferred)
• Proven commitment to data integrity
• Experience with online event management tools (Constant Contact, Eventbrite, Zoom)
• Excellent communication skills
• Committed to providing exceptional customer service for all our constituents; impeccable accountability
• Microsoft Office skills
• On occasion, ability to work some evening and weekend hours for events
• Some understanding of Dutch language or culture is beneficial though not required
• Problem-solver with excellent planning and organizational skills; ability to set and adhere to strict deadlines; comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to embrace and incorporate direct feedback
• Outcome-driven, self-starter and proactive with the capacity to work both independently and with the team
• Comfortable operating in a small (4-5 person) office setting
Application Deadline: October 1, 2021
Tentative Start Date: October 15, 2021
Location: Mid-town Manhattan
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience. This is a full-time position. Additional medical and retirement benefits are available after tenure.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume outlining your interest in the NAF in a single pdf to: email@example.com
The Netherland-America Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: the NAF provides equal access and equal opportunity in employment and services and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, ancestry, national origin, pregnancy, age, political affiliation, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, or physical ability.
Founded in 1921 by Franklin. D. Roosevelt, the Netherland-America Foundation (NAF) is a foundation initiating and supporting cultural, educational, and business exchange between the Netherlands and the United States. The NAF provides…