FOSNA (fosna.org) seeks an experienced, talented, and dynamic, full-time communications manager to join our team of remote staff located across the United States. The communications manager will primarily be responsible for:
- developing and strengthening FOSNA’s unique voice within the U.S. and global Palestine solidarity movement;
- creating high-quality communications that are visual, branded, and reflective of our work and principles;
- increasing the number of FOSNA members and activists;
- implementing the communications strategy of our campaigns, programming, and development efforts;
- and increasing the organization’s visibility in mainstream media and progressive Christian spaces.
Full time: Applicants with the ability to flex time to work in the evenings and weekends as necessary are encouraged to apply.
Friends of Sabeel believes in providing dignified work with fair compensation. Toward this end, all employees have a guaranteed baseline salary of $40,000. Additional compensation will be based on experience; level of expertise at which tasks are performed; organizational expertise and deep of involvement in and knowledge of the Palestinian Solidarity Movement.
- Developing and implementing communications plans that will help facilitate campaign work, fundraising appeals, and membership recruitment
- Managing organizational social media accounts (Facebook and Twitter).
- Monitoring and analyzing social media metrics, and developing and implementing a social media strategy to expand organizational reach
- Drafting public statements, petitions, emails, and press releases on behalf of the organization
- Manage Communications budget to ensure effective use of funds
- Creating webpages reflective of FOSNA campaigns and projects; updating website content; managing website updates and general maintenance
- maintaining media directories of reporters who cover Palestinian rights and the U.S. Palestinian solidarity movement. Establishing relationships with these outlets to capitalize on publicity opportunities for FOSNA
- Drafting and publicizing engaging and informative communications relevant to FOSNA programs, with the intent of galvanizing members
- Managing communications-based advocacy and outreach tools such as petitions, conference materials, and webinars
- Onboarding new members, participants in events, and donors by directing them to next action item in order to increase retention
- Setting goals and designing online fundraising campaigns with the executive director
- Formatting and designing mailing appeals with the executive director
- Submitting final, vetted files to print; serving as primary liaison with printer
- Incorporating fundraising and membership recruitment components into all communications
- Writing appeal letters and emails
- Developing relationships with a portfolio of FOSNA supporters
- 1-2 years past experience in communications, design or media management
- Extremely strong written and oral communication skills
- Past experience managing social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook and Twitter)
- Understanding of branding and the development of an organizational voice
- Experience working with a range of media outlets and developing relationship with the press
- Familiarity with online advocacy and communications platforms and content management systems like DoGooder, NationBuilder, etc.
- Graphic design and video editing experience
- Passionate about ending the occupation of Palestine, opposing Zionism, understanding oppression from an intersectional lens, and advancing coalition building between marginalized communities in the United States
- Demonstrated success establishing and maintaining relationships with journalists and relevant publications.
- Past experience working within or mobilizing Christian communities.
- Experience working in a non-profit environment, including best practices in institutional fundraising
- Ability to manage multiple projects, find creative means of solving problems, respond to current events, and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Positive attitude and ability to work as part of a team
- Proactive approach to work; ability to notice what needs to be done and to develop a strategy for responding