Fugees Family, Inc, is hiring a Columbus, OH-based full-time Executive Assistant for the 2018-2019 school year.
The Fugees Family operates an independent, community-based middle and high school, Fugees Academy that emphasizes academic and character development of refugee children. Our student body represents 22 different countries, including Burundi, Iraq, African Central Republic, Burma, and Syria. The school is in its eighth year, and is SAIS and SACS accredited. It blends creative teaching with academic fundamentals, interwoven with leadership and character building. The Fugees Academy packs a normal K-8 education into three years of middle school so that students are then ready for a college preparatory curriculum in high school.
The Fugees Academy serves a pressing need that is not currently being met by the traditional public education system – the education of refugee children in an environment where their unique academic challenges are understood. Through small classes, high expectations, and targeted instruction, Fugees Academy empowers the most vulnerable of students–child survivors of war—to become independent thinkers and high-achieving scholars. Working as a team both on and off the field, members of the Fugees Family community strive to support each other while working to achieve individual goals. We believe that this team mind-set nurtures and prepares young adults who will be the next generation of international and community leaders. The core design principles of the school include an extended school day, a low teacher-student-ratio, interactive instruction, a comprehensive tutoring program, a soccer-focused athletic program, and intensive wrap-around support services for students and their families.
The Fugees Academy is the first school in the United States dedicated to refugee education, The Fugees Family is currently in the process of planning to open its second 6-12 community school in Columbus, Ohio in the summer of 2018.
Executive Assistant provides executive support for Fugees Family’s CEO. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on behalf of the CEO. The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and community oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; compiling documents for travel-related meetings, and composing, proofreading, editing and reformatting documents.
- Coordinates meetings, including attendee management, materials preparation, room set-up and issue resolution.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- As directed by the CEO, communicates directly, and on behalf of the CEO, with Board members, donors, staff, and others.
- Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Assists with special projects and other general office tasks as needed or assigned.
· Excellent communicator, including writing, speaking, editing, proofreading and computer skills, with great attention to detail
· Strong calendaring, organizational and document management skills
· Demonstrated ability to self-start, work independently and achieve high standards to meet multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment
· Work effectively with staff in a team-oriented environment with a positive, can-do attitude
· Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer service and response
· Exhibit a high degree of professionalism, business judgment, and tact
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A minimum of three years of administrative experience required; experience as an executive assistant preferred
- Non-profit or customer-oriented background preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Citizenship, residency or work VISA in the United States required
Start Date: July 1, 2018
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Benefits and Salary: The salary for this position is $45,000. In addition, a comprehensive health and dental package is included.
A comprehensive health and dental package is included.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should review our website www.fugeesfamily.org to ensure his or her professional goals and educational philosophy align with the Fugees Family. Please send your resume and cover letter to CEO, Luma Mufleh, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to indicate which position you are applying for. Email is the preferred mode of communication – no phone calls please.
The Fugees Family is an equal opportunity employer. Fugees Family is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from those with a refugee/immigrant background, women, and minorities.