8940 Jones Mill Road
Exciting opportunity for someone looking to improve the natural environment across the Washington, DC region. This new team member will manage ANS’s year-round fundraising events, coordinate direct mail and online solicitations, recruit and retain new members, and raise funds to support the transformational restoration projects at our 40-acre Woodend Nature Sanctuary in Chevy Chase, MD near Rock Creek Park.
ANS is the DC area’s oldest, independent environmental education and conservation advocacy organization. This is an exciting phase in our evolution, and we are looking for a hard-working professional to join our fundraising team. This position is perfect for an energetic, detail-oriented fundraiser with strong writing skills and a minimum of 4 years of fundraising experience. Competitive salary with excellent benefits.
- Manage all elements of direct mail including member acquisition and renewal.
- Compose all online appeals and acknowledgements.
- Oversee new member onboarding, and donor engagement programs and events.
- Manage all ANS fundraising events including our annual Audubon After Dark dinner, Bloomin’ Birdathon and Autumn Lights Holiday Party.
- Coordinate annual fund and donor stewardship initiatives.
- Serve as staff liaison to the Events Committee.
- Support other fundraising efforts as needed.
- Minimum four years of experience in a nonprofit fundraising position.
- Experience with nonprofit direct mail management.
- Considerable experience with fundraising and donor cultivation event planning and management.
- Skilled writer and editor of fundraising appeals, thank you letters and other fundraising/ cultivation pieces.
- Ability to build, cultivate and steward relationships with key constituencies.
- Able to work independently, adapt to changing priorities and multi-task to meet deadlines.
- Positive attitude, solid time management and organizational skills.
- Experience in a membership-based organization preferred.
- Outgoing and friendly, with excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge and Online Express a plus.
- Interest in environmental issues a plus.
Location and Schedule
- Woodend Nature Sanctuary, Chevy Chase, MD. Flexible 40-hour work week with benefits.
- Ability to climb stairs to access offices
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume and 2 writing samples of online fundraising appeals you have written to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the position in the subject line. No calls please.
ANS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building a culturally diverse staff. ANS strongly encourages applications from people with diverse backgrounds.