Senior Case Manager - Stacy Kirkpatrick House
- Job posted by Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program
461 Walnut Avenue
Hours: Part-time, 24 hours/week, Weekends, 7am-7:30pm
Location: Stacy Kirkpatrick House Stay in Bed Program, 461 Walnut Ave, Jamaica Plain
Summary of Position: This position will coordinate care for the patients admitted/transferred to the Stacy Kirkpatrick House Stay in Bed Program from the Barbara McInnis House. The Senior Case Manager will be directly involved in managing the milieu of Stacy Kirkpatrick House and providing supportive patient-focused interventions. The Senior Case Manager will help coordinate patient activities, be the point person for volunteers at Stacy Kirkpatrick House, follow-up on the discharge plans started by the Barbara McInnis House case managers and coordinate with the clinic nurse regarding medical stability and readiness for discharge. Senior Case managers working after regular hours should be comfortable working independently as they will be handling building operations in the absence of other staff members.
- Works as part of the multidisciplinary team with the clinic nurse, provider and program site director to manage the milieu of the stay-in beds and address the needs of the patients.
- Provides detailed shift report of any pertinent patient or building issues to the senior case manager coming in on the next shift and keeps the Director of Stacy Kirkpatrick House informed of all issues that arise.
- Communicates with the Volunteer Coordinator regarding the volunteers at Stacy Kirkpatrick House to run patient activities and acts as the point person at Stacy Kirkpatrick House for the volunteers.
- Coordinates transportation to and from appointments in collaboration with Clinical Support Services.
- Identifies resources to assist patients experiencing homelessness, substance use disorders and/or mental illness.
- Provides resources to secure discharge placement and, when possible, other alternatives to shelter living.
- Facilitates transfers and discharges to and from the stay-in beds.
- Greets new patients coming in to Kirkpatrick House and helps them to acclimate.
- Assists patients in securing a safe discharge plan such as to a treatment program or half way house.
- Reports on all discharge planning to ensure clear communication regarding the discharge plan.
- Builds on the discharge plan from week to week and demonstrates this process in team discussion and notes.
- Monitors the stay-in beds off shift and assists with emergencies by calling security, Eascare or 911 as appropriate.
- In the absence of housekeeping staff, provides cleaning support in the event of a spill or other event.
- Provides support to the nurse while they are providing nursing care.
- Assists with linen stocking, clinic stocking, bed checks, meal set-up, clean up and other duties as needed.
Experience, Skills and Education:
- Previous case management or human service experience required. 3 - 5 years of experience preferred.
- Prior experience working in a group home or housing program preferred.
- Experience and training in Motivational Interviewing
- Bachelor's degree; BSW or social service degree preferred
- Demonstrated interest in working with underserved populations.
- CPR certified and trained in providing emergency services such as administering Narcan until an ambulance arrives, or willing to become certified and trained
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Current employees with interest in this position should notify Human Resources in writing within 10 days of posting date.
Does this amazing opportunity interest you? Then we'd love to hear from you. Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com (strongly preferred) and put the position title in the subject line. Please include your cover letter in the body of the email. Attach your resume in Word format. If you are unable to email, please fax documents to (857) 654-1095 or mail them to BHCHP - HR, 780 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER