Project Manager, Lower Rio Grande Valley, Cameron County, Texas
- Job posted by Rails-to-Trails Conservancy
District of Columbia
Rails to Trails Conservancy, a national trails, walking and bicycling advocacy organization, is actively recruiting for a multi-year, term-hire, Project Manager (PM) with expertise in urban planning and/or active transportation planning for the Lower Rio Grande Valley Active Plan, a blueprint for a 428-mile trail network that will link the rich natural, cultural and historical resources the area is known for.
This position will be located in Cameron County, Texas and will report to a senior member of RTC’s Trail Development team in Washington, DC. The PM will represent RTC locally in Cameron County and will work closely with, and receive support from, staff in RTC’s Washington, DC office.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Working with local project leadership and in concert with RTC staff, the PM will create, and execute, an annual implementation plan to advance the objectives of the Active Plan.
- Build upon the existing Active Plan Committee to develop and facilitate a robust coalition of project stakeholders and advocates that collectively advocate for a common trail network vision for Cameron County.
- Work with local partners, RTC trail development staff, and external consultants to develop conceptual trail plans (as needed); and strategic land acquisition planning and program development that catalyzes accelerated trail development
- Identify and cultivate appropriate partners from the economic development, tourism, local government and public health sectors to support filling priority gaps in the network.
Local travel required, including some evenings and weekends with occasional travel to Austin and Washington, DC. A valid driver’s license is required.
Qualifications: bachelor's degree (masters preferred) in urban planning, public policy/administration, natural resource planning or related field; solid experience in trail planning; bike-ped/transportation planning, active tourism; strong people skills; outstanding oral and written communication skills; strategic thinker; able to manage multiple tasks; proficiency in GIS and Excel is preferred; bilingual (English and Spanish) required; and experience using the Adobe Creative Suite or other design software is a plus.
For a detailed job announcement please visit our website at www.railstotrails.org, and then click on careers at the bottom of the page.
How to Apply: Please use one form of transmitting your resume. No phone calls please. Recruiters please do not contact our offices; Mail, fax or email cover letter, résumé and three professional references to: Elton A. Clark, Human Resources Manager, Rails-to-Trails Conservancy, The Duke Ellington Building, 2121 Ward Court, NW, 5th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20037; Email: email@example.com; Fax: 202.223.9257. Commitment to Diversity: RTC is an equal opportunity employer and seeks qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or national origin. Women and diverse applicants are encouraged to apply. EOE
Full organization benefits.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish and English
Minimum Education Required