1612 K Street Northwest
District of Columbia
Are you passionate about digital content and its ability to connect with audiences? Do you understand the ecosystem of digital content and want to help a mission driven organization advance knowledge and best practice sharing among corporate sustainability leaders? Is it important that you work at an organization that has a flexible yet fast paced working environment?
The National Association for Environmental Management (NAEM) has a great opportunity for an experienced web editorwith a knowledge of digital publishing, content management systems and editorial process managementto join our team. This newly created role will serve as the primary manager of NAEM’s web presence to ensure an engaging online experience for our current audience, help increase web traffic and work toward stabling NAEM as the premier website for original research and content in the EHS and Sustainability management practice area.
Primary Responsibility Areas:
Website and Content Management
- Work closely with programs and research teams to launch new pages and sites; including writing engaging web copy, proofreading content, testing user experience and troubleshooting issues.
- Ensure that all content on the NAEM website is timely, accurate and fresh and all links and navigation work.
- Manage online editorial and website production schedules to ensure on-time delivery of all content.
- Help define website metrics and collaborate with Communications and Marketing team members on key strategies to meet those goals.
- Coordinate with internal staff and web platform provider to execute new webpages and content design and layout as needed.
- Contribute knowledge about content strategy to the team’s overall digital strategy, including identifying needs and proposing solutions.
- Collaborates with team members across the organization writing, editing, creating and organizing content on NAEM’s web properties.
- Advances NAEM’s content output to further engage new and existing customers.
- Identifies opportunities to showcase content with the goal of drawing more traffic to our site, increasing engagement with the content and raising brand awareness.
- Uses SEO principles to identify and monitor key analytics; using that data to optimize content and guide content choices.
- Perform keyword research to identify new SEO opportunities and routinely review and maintain SEO targeted keywords.
- Manages content, image library, media licenses and content sharing agreements.
- Other website related projects as required.
Required Experience, Skills and Attributes
- Bachelor’s Degree or advanced degree in Journalism, Communications or a Digital Media related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of digital and social media landscape.
- Experience with publishing using content management systems such as WordPress and Sitefinity.
- Excellent editorial, interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
- 2-4 years of web content management.
- Track record and strong passion for helping organizations increase the effectiveness of their website and leverage it to grow their business.
- Experience using social media management tools and digital analytical tools such as Google Analytics, SEO tools and HTML.
- Ability to take individual initiative as well as collaborate effectively.
- Exceptional time and project management skills, and the ability to successfully handle details with accuracy, effectively prioritize workload and pivot when needed.
- Have the ability to frequently lift and carry conference materials and boxes weighing 10-20 pounds across conference venues for various events.
- Have the ability to frequently reach above shoulder and head and stoop to set up conference space collateral. This can include kneeling under a table to obtain access to electrical outlets.
- Be able to remain active and mobile for up to 10 hours a day while at conferences.
Preferred Experience, Skills and Attributes:
- Possess a general interest in corporate sustainability issues and dedication to the mission of NAEM.
- Demonstrate experience using video editing software to produce digital stories and familiarity with gathering video and/or still imagery for story publication.
Salary and Starting Benefits
The salary range for this position depends on experience but will be in line with market rates. Benefits include:
- Full health and dental insurance
- Employee retirement savings plan with matching funds available after one year
- 2 weeks paid vacation as of start date
- A flexible work environment
Minimum Education Required