The KAUST Gifted Student Program (KGSP) is a prestigious scholarship program sponsored by the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) for STEM students from Saudi Arabia pursuing undergraduate degrees at top institutions in the United States. The Enrichment Advisor is part of a dynamic team that oversees the professional development of undergraduate students through extracurricular and experiential learning opportunities, including workshops, conferences, research placements, and internships.
The Enrichment Advisor works closely with the KGSP Student Advising team to identify customized enrichment experiences that further individualize student objectives and further student preparation for graduate study and future careers in STEM fields. The Enrichment Advisor supports program development and sponsor reporting, as well as the creation of resources to further student readiness for research and job settings. The Enrichment Advisor identifies qualifying students and supports their application to award and competition opportunities and prepares promotional material spotlighting student achievements for program Leadership and external audiences.
• Collaborate with manager and team of Student Advisors to facilitate customized matching of students to appropriate summer and academic year enrichment opportunities in alignment with student objectives and programmatic guidelines.
• Review and provide recommendation for approval of student-identified enrichment opportunities in alignment with program guidance and budget constraints.
• Serve as the Enrichment team point of contact for students and KGSP Advisors to communicate program information, resources, and enrichment opportunities. Draft communications to students about enrichment programming, opportunities, and upcoming deadlines. Design and facilitate internal and external workshops and trainings on enrichment processes and professional development resources.
• Create and regularly update resource materials to support student professional development and enrichment. Collaborate with Enrichment Coordinator to develop enrichment catalogs of annual conferences, home university internship fairs, undergraduate internship companies/opportunities, and undergraduate awards and competitions in the United States and Saudi Arabia.
• Conduct research into available opportunities for awards, competitions, enrichment, leadership, and other developmental opportunities and identify eligible students to support application.
• Produce and analyze student, supervisor, and partner surveys to provide recommendations for further enhancements to enrichment processes and programming for future cycles.
• Contribute to Enrichment reporting and deliverables.
• Support program events in the United States and/or the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia; conduct site visits to current or prospective university and company partners to arrange for hosting of student interns.
Education and Work Experience:
• Requires a Bachelor's degree in order to apply a working knowledge of the theories and principles in a specialized field or work discipline.
• Requires at least two years of related work experience.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of U.S. and International higher education system, science and engineering fields, and/or career advising resources a plus.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written, and high comfort with inter-cultural communication.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as scopes of work, policy and procedure manuals and write complex reports and correspondence.
• Previous experience working with an extranet, web, database software, and social media networks preferred.
Work Conditions & Physical Demands:
Essential functions are performed in a general office setting with low noise. Job demands may require long periods of sitting; telephone work and/or computer work, as well as interactions with other team members and external stakeholders. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
IIE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The KAUST Gifted Student Program (KGSP) is a prestigious scholarship program sponsored by the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) for STEM students from Saudi Arabia pursuing undergraduate degrees…