Details: Hourly salary rates are based on experience
252 West 37th Street
About Steve’s Camp at Horizon Farms:
Steve's Camp at Horizon Farms empowers young people to develop healthy bodies, hearts, and minds. Our summer camp is the cornerstone of our work. At camp, participants learn healthy living, leadership, and problem-solving skills. During the school year, campers deepen these skills in regular trainings and programs to emerge as leaders and prepare for fulfilling lives after high school.
SCHF is an emergent youth development organization, currently in its eighth year of operation. We are working hard to plot a long-term path for sustainable growth, with a focus on diversifying our funding base. In particular, we want build on our strengths by considering how to establish a mid-level donor program and identify and cultivate prospective corporate and foundation donors.
About this position:
SCHF seeks a Development professional with knowledge of the youth development funding world to work with us on a part-time basis with potential for the position to grow full-time. The Development Director’s efforts will focus on supporting SCHF with board management, foundation and corporation cultivation, producing smaller scale cultivation events, and assisting with our annual gala.
The Associate will:
- Work with Executive Director, Board Chair, and Fundraising Committee to implement a fundraising plan aimed at mid-level donors and corporate/foundation outreach.
- Coordinate with Executive Director and board members to manage follow-up on each member’s individual donor contacts and cultivation strategy.
- Produce a handful of small in-house cultivation events in support of “campership” program whereby 200 summer spots are sponsored by 200 or more individual donations.
- Manage a targeted list of prospective corporate and foundation donors, tailor and implement cultivation strategies based on relationships and fit, and get detailed feedback on all aspects of SCHF grant proposals.
- Assist in outreach for SCHF’s annual gala by maintaining internal reports and follow up with donors when needed.
- Work with Executive Director on Funding proposal and Foundation cultivation.
¨ Passionate about SCHF’s mission and holistic approach to supporting underserved youth
¨ Nonprofit fundraising training or experience in strategy development, prospect research, cultivation, grant writing
¨ Basic knowledge of the youth development funding landscape
¨ Excellent communication skills; persuasive writer and speaker
¨ Excellent interpersonal skills
¨ Experience working with board of directors
¨ Experience working with Salesforce is preferred
How to apply:
Send a resume and cover letter explaining why you are the right person for this job to HR@stevescamp.org. Steve’s Camp at Horizon Farms is an equal opportunity employer.
Minimum Education Required