Details: 32 hours a week (.80 FTE)
About Soul Shoppe
Soul Shoppe’s mission is to create safe learning environments that bring forth a culture of compassion, connection, and curiosity- eliminating bullying at the roots. For over eighteen years, Soul Shoppe has worked with elementary and middle school students, helping them to get along better, to develop social and emotional skills, to manage emotions, and to resolve conflicts. Our presence in schools improves students’ self-regulation, boosts academic performance, enhances school climate, and prevents bullying. Learn more about our programs at www.soulshoppe.com/
We are a nonprofit organization with a vibrant, supportive culture in which we place high value on communication and practicing the same skills we teach kids to use in school. We reach close to 100,000 students per year and our growing organization requires a competent Development Coordinator to join our team.
Overview of the Development Coordinator Position
Soul Shoppe is looking for a dynamic “do-er” who will plan, organize, and lead our fundraising. Our team needs a dedicated person to effectively share our work, expand our existing network of donors and bring innovative thinking to fundraising. Our Development Coordinator would oversee all aspects of fundraising for Soul Shoppe, including visioning, designing, and executing a comprehensive fundraising strategy to support our consistent growth.
Responsibilities of the Development Coordinator
· Work with Soul Shoppe’s Core Team of managers to develop a comprehensive fundraising plan that advances the organization’s strategic plan
· Identify and cultivate individual donors; help them find a fit with their values
· Create and coordinate seasonal giving campaigns
· Support Core Team members to consistently manage their individual relationships with regular donors
· Plan and host fundraising events along with the Core Team
· Develop internal presentations, reports, decks for fundraising
· Direct the research, writing, and submitting of 6-8 grant proposals per year.
· Track grant reporting deadlines and work with the Fundraising Team to write reports
· Track milestones and donor care using data management tools.
· Support and encourage Board participation in fundraising
· Collaborate with Finance Director to track and prepare financial grant reports as needed.
· Assist Core Team (leadership) to generate a culture of philanthropy
· Be an active participant in twice monthly Core Team (leadership) meetings
Qualification and Skills
· Minimum 2 years of experience in nonprofit fundraising
· 4 year university/college degree
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to write effectively and persuasively
· Ability to prioritize and manage concurrent processes and projects
· Organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Experience organizing events
· Self-starter and self-motivated
· Ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure while keeping a positive attitude
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, reach with hands and arms, lift objects weighing up to 30 lbs., and talk or hear.
Soul Shoppe does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender (including actual or perceived gender, and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, religious affiliation, veteran status, national origin, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state, federal or local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for a job, please let us know.
partial health benefits
Minimum Education Required