ABOUT NCS: Neighborhood Coalition for Shelter (NCS) helps New Yorkers who have a history of homelessness, often compounded by mental illness or substance use, to achieve their highest level of independence. We were established in 1982 by faith and community leaders on Manhattan’s Upper East Side who believed that homelessness is the responsibility of the entire community. More than 35 years later we are still guided by the principle that neighbors should help neighbors.
NCS provides New Yorkers who are homeless or at risk of homelessness with a home, a community, and access to the services that they need to thrive.
REPORTS TO: Development and Communications Officer
BASIC FUNCTION: The Development Assistant plays an important role in supporting and participating in all aspects of Neighborhood Coalition for Shelter’s fundraising efforts. You will assist the development and communications staff in managing logistical details of special events, serve as the steward of the agency’s donor database, support the creation of design elements, and provides clerical and administrative support.
Donor Perfect Online:
Providing clerical and administrative support to Development and Communications Officer and Chief Development Officer:
• Bachelor’s Degree or 2-3 years of relevant work experience required
• Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel
• Familiarity with major social networking sites, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
• Strong written, verbal, and organizational skills
• Organized and detail-oriented
• Ability to maintain accuracy in a fast-paced environment
• Office experience is preferable
• Proficiency in Donor Perfect is preferable
• Experience using Canva and Constant Contact are a pluses
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit a cover letter and a resume to email@example.com
NCS is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered regardless of race, creed, color, religion, citizenship or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
ABOUT NCS: Neighborhood Coalition for Shelter (NCS) helps New Yorkers who have a history of homelessness, often compounded by mental illness or substance use, to achieve their highest level of independence. We were established in 1982 by…
Submit a cover letter and a resume