Iridescent is a global engineering and technology education non-profit. We support low-income communities to engage in engineering and technology projects. We have been running for 12 years and have supported 100,000+ underserved children and parents across 100 countries.
We offer two programs at Iridescent:
Technovation is the world’s largest global tech program for girls ages 10 to 18. Through Technovation, girls learn how to identify a problem in their community, develop a mobile app to solve it, and launch a business. Over the past 8 years, more than 10,000 girls from 100 countries have participated in the program to solve local problems.
Curiosity Machine engages underserved children and parents to develop problem-solving skills through STEM project-based family design challenges. Through Curiosity Machine trainings and support, organizations around the world have helped ~80,000 children and parents develop their creativity, curiosity and perseverance.
We're seeking a passionate, creative, self-motivated individual with marketing and communications experience to develop, implement and execute strategic marketing plans for Iridescent, assist with promoting major annual events and programs, and join a small but mighty marketing team to tell Iridescent's story and inspire more people to join this movement. This is a remote position.
● Develop and implement a marketing strategy for the organization and its two flagship programs
● Work closely with marketing team to identify target markets and determine how best to reach them
● Work closely with creative team in development of creative marketing campaigns and assets
● Support fundraising team with communicating the success of our programs and building a stronger brand
● Liaise with communication teams at corporate partners media organizations and advertising agencies; advocate for Iridescent's interests
● Lead market research efforts to determine the viability of current and existing products/services
● Coordinate meetings between external PR Firms and CEO. Manage agendas, facilitate conversations, follow-up on action items throughout week
● Hire and manage external SEO consultant to optimize all websites
Key characteristics of a team member who thrives at Iridescent are:
● Passion for improving educational experiences and outcomes for underserved youth around the world
● Seeks opportunities to continuously learn and adapt
● Exceptional communication and organization skills for sharing and transferring information effectively across a remote team
● Strong collaboration skills
● Ability to work in a very fast-paced, remote and dynamic environment
● Analytical; comfort with managing data and identifying trends
● Ability to work with diverse people and perspectives, organizations, communities, and cultures
● Organized, detail oriented
● Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
● Exceptional writing skills
● Self-motivated and dependable
● Able to balance important daily tasks alongside high level decision making responsibilities
● 5-10 years experience in marketing and communication
● Ability to think creatively and innovatively
● Budget-management skills and proficiency
● Skilled in building reach and engagement with online communities and large corporations
● Analytical skills to forecast and identify trends and challenges
● Familiarity with the latest trends, technologies and methodologies in marketing, including grass roots and guerilla marketing
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
● Review our websites and social media to learn more about our AI Family Challenge program.
● Develop a strategy to recruit 10,000 CuriosityMachine.org participants for the AI Family Challenge - over the course of three months. Use our impact reports to understand what we have tried in the past to do to recruit and retain online users.
● Provide details on how Iridescent would execute on this strategy with targeted groups and continue to foster relationships.
● Submit in a combined PDF all materials to email@example.com