130 East 59 Street
About the Organization:
UJA-Federation of New York is the largest local philanthropy in the world. For more than 100 years, we’ve brought New Yorkers together to solve some of the most pressing problems facing our community. Thanks to our network of hundreds of non-profits, we can leverage our expertise across any number of areas — including health and human services, arts and culture, and education — to care for Jews everywhere and New Yorkers of all backgrounds, respond to crises close to home and far away, and shape our Jewish future. Our reach extends from New York to Israel to nearly 70 other countries around the world, touching 4.5 million people each year.
Under direction, the event manager would be responsible for specific event related responsibilities as well as partner with others in the department to work on various events throughout the campaign season.
- Work closely with various internal departments such as Marketing and Communications, Conference and Banquet, Public Relations, AV and Legal etc. to ensure effective event execution.
- Work with outside vendors as it pertains to event needs.
- Reach out to donors as needed to schedule meetings to discuss event details, confirm reservations and design journal ads.
- Attend committee and honoree meetings when necessary.
- Manage and maintain event data information and lists.
- Process all necessary purchase orders in a timely manner to secure awards, and confirm the printer and photographer for the events
- Work on event journals:
- Communicate with fundraiser and donors re: ads
- Create and file ads
- Work with marketing on journal pages
- Paginate journal and work with printer on production
- Special tasks as assigned by the director.
- Develop timelines for events to ensure that tasks are completed on time.
- Must work evening events and late nights prior to events.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- 1+ years of prior work experience.
- Ability to support multiple events.
- Good interpersonal skills and must be team player and flexible.
- Strong organizational and follow up skills.
- Must be detail oriented and possess strong verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work under pressure.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, Access and Mikrofax.
- Undergraduate degree.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply: Equal Opportunity Employment. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Please submit your application directly to our job board at https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1075UJAF