For over 50 years, Legal Aid Chicago has provided free civil legal assistance to people living in poverty in metropolitan Chicago. Each year our attorneys, volunteers, and staff help resolve civil legal problems, including domestic violence, consumer fraud, and unfair evictions. Legal Aid Chicago was founded on the philosophy that all individuals are entitled to quality civil legal representation, regardless of their income. We work to ensure that poverty is not an impediment to justice by dismantling the legal barriers that perpetuate inequality. Legal Aid Chicago staff live our mission through our core values of equity, excellence, inclusion, kindness, and respect.
Position: Under the direct supervision of the Human Resources Manager, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for supporting the multiple functional areas within human resources by providing administrative tasks and services to support effective and efficient operations.
· Provide clerical and administrative support to the human resources department. Coordinate human resources projects, meetings, training, surveys; process documentation and prepare reports relating to personnel activities (e.g. recruitment, benefits, training, grievances, and performance evaluations).
· Support the Human Resources Manager to communicate benefit programs to staff. Process required documentation to ensure accurate record keeping and proper deductions.
· Perform routine recruiting, selection and employment processes (e.g. writing/editing job descriptions, advertising, preparing screening criteria, scheduling interviews)
· Participate in the development of new system enhancements to the current HRIS platform. Develop and maintain reports related to human resources functions by leveraging technology solutions to meet the needs of human resources and users of human resources information systems throughout the organization. Process new employee set up and inputs and maintain HRIS records.
· Maintain accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation. Make recommendations for record maintenance personnel files. Perform routine audits to ensure compliance with governing regulations.
· Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Education and Experience: A bachelor’s degree in human resources, business management, or related discipline is required. Candidates must have least one (1) year of human resources support experience in a professional services environment. Prior experience working with a non-profit organization is a plus.
For over 50 years, Legal Aid Chicago has provided free civil legal assistance to people living in poverty in metropolitan Chicago. Each year our attorneys, volunteers, and staff help resolve civil legal problems, including domestic…
Send your cover letter, resume, and the contact information of two professional references to: email@example.com. Please place “HR Assistant” in the subject line of your e-mail. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and the position will remain open until filled. No phone calls, please.
Send your cover letter, resume, and the contact information of two professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please place “HR Assistant” in the subject line of your…