Director, Institutional Giving or Manager, Institutional Giving
- Job posted by Brady Campaign & Center to Prevent Gun Violence
840 First Street, NE, Suite 400
Brady, the thought leader in Gun Violence Prevention, is seeking a Manager or Director, Institutional Giving to contribute to the overall strategy and operation of Brady’s growing Institutional Fundraising department. Brady is seeking candidates at both the Manager (4-7 years’ experience) and Director (7+ years’ experience) to fill this sole position. Qualified candidates desire to grow their own department, are capable of building working relationships with donors and program managers and have experience implementing customized strategies to engage six-figure+ donors.
The Manager or Director will maximize and leverage the philanthropic potential of Brady in order to advance the organization’s most critical projects and help build a sustainable stream of funding for the organization as a whole. Brady is prepared to interact with a new sector of Institutional Donors through this position. This new opportunity is related to the launch of a grassroots gun violence prevention program, a youth engagement initiative and a national social norm change campaign in collaboration with the Ad Council called, End Family Fire. The ideal candidate will drive this next phase of Brady’s institutional giving portfolio to achieve another year of 20%+ revenue growth.
- Actively manage a total portfolio of at least 70 institutional prospects, with qualified capacity and inclination to give to Brady, developing and executing strategies across program areas, leading to the solicitation of grants in the six- and seven- figure range, with a particular emphasis on multi-year grants.
- Manage one full-time grant writer.
- Ensure close collaboration between Institutional Giving and other internal departments including Policy, Programs, and Partnerships to create informed proposals responsive to programmatic needs, direction and capacity.
- Work with program staff and organizational leadership to develop initiatives that align to foundation interests and recognition of the uniqueness of foundation fundraising in terms of alignment, proposal writing, and reporting.
- Work with Association on new prospect identification and qualification efforts, to source more institutional prospects whose funding priorities align with Brady’s mission in order to bring significant new resources to the institution’s work.
- Work independently and with staff to develop letters of inquiry, strategic plans, proposals, budgets, gift agreements, reports, project updates, and other related materials as needed to deepen prospect engagement, strengthen language and highlight alignment between foundations and Brady’s programming, and steward relationships.
- Work in a fast-paced, results-oriented, changing environment with complex and evolving relationships and priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Manager (4-7 years’ experience) or Director (7+ years’ experience) experience implementing multi-year cultivation strategies that use a relationship-building and moves management approach leading to successful closure of institutional grants.
- A donor-focused demeanor at all times. Able to build rapport and provide assistance to high-profile external constituents as well as internal staff.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills, including the ability to understand and translate Brady's mission and interests for donors and prospects with clarity, crispness, and effectiveness.
- Experience in the process of program design to facilitate the connection and priority alignment between the funder and the programs.
- Strong research and analytical skills. Ability to investigate an issue, asks thoughtful questions, and recommends solutions. Able to build a logical approach to addressing problems by drawing on own knowledge and experience or by seeking other references or resources as appropriate.
- Able to work with senior staff to set short-and long-term planning goals in line with program priorities and available resources. A task-oriented style, with a focus on achieving clear and ambitious goals.
- Demonstrated ability to meet multiple deadlines by maintaining a high level of organization while delivering a high quality work product. Able to develop and move projects forward with independence and autonomy and maintain attention to detail and thoroughness in completing assigned duties.
- Intellectually curious, entrepreneurial, creative, and strategic thinker.
- A commitment to working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, collaborative environment with shared goals and appropriate communication and coordination with colleagues.
- Sound judgment and integrity with discretion in handling and securing confidential information, as well as the ability to conduct oneself in a highly professional manner.
Please email a cover letter expressing an interest in the position and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning "Director/Manager, Institutional Giving" in the subject line.
The Brady Campaign and Center is an equal opportunity employer. No phone calls please. This position is classified as exempt from the Fair Labor Standards Act, and is not eligible for overtime pay. Candidates who identify as members of historically underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. A diverse workforce and open culture are at the heart of our organization and vital to our success.
Minimum Education Required