Details: $42,500 - $45,000 yearly (depends on experience). Includes a great benefits package (full health/ vision/dental insurance, 3 weeks vacation, community service time off, sabbaticals, and 401k plan with matched contributions up to 4% of salary).
1504 Bryant St
Position Purpose: Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Purchasing & Finance Associate will be responsible for purchasing and receiving supplies for our volunteer projects, tool warehouse, and office. This position will manage HandsOn Bay Area’s long-standing relationships with several vendors, ensuring the best possible terms. In addition, the Purchasing & Finance Associate will assist the Finance Manager in completing our daily and monthly accounting processes.
Qualifications: You have a strong passion for community service and the impact that volunteering has on individuals and their communities. You enjoy shopping around for the best deal out there! You are organized and notice the fine details. You are a problem solver who can come up with alternative solutions during a tight deadline. You have experience with Google Suite. And you have a curiousity about nonprofit finances and how they work.
- Handy with basic project budgeting.
- Excellent time-management skills; Ability and flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Professional demeanor in person, in email, and on the phone. Strong customer service skills.
- Good communication skills; collaboration amongst coworkers and external contacts.
- Self-starter. Able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Valid California driver’s license for travel throughout the Bay Area.
- Ability/willingness to learn to drive a cargo van for supply delivery in an urban environment.
- Purchase supplies, food/meals, and transportation services needed for our office and various volunteer projects.
- Ensure on-time delivery of all purchases.
- Track and receive shipments; inventory items as they are delivered.
- Manage vendor relationships ranging from large vendors (Office Max, Amazon, Home Depot) to smaller regional and local vendors.
- Provide advice and counsel to all HandsOn staff members regarding the best possible options for tools and supplies for our projects.
- Manage office petty cash; distribute to staff members to make purchases when appropriate.
- Work closely with the logistics team who ensure the smooth operation of our warehouse.
- Assist with the weekly accounts payable process
- Upload bills and receipts into our online expense reporting software.
- Categorize expenses to the appropriate expense accounts.
- Audit expenses submitted into our expense reporting system; work with staff members to make sure their expenses are coded correctly.
- Assist with our month-end closing process.
- Other finance tasks as assigned.
Responsibilities of all HandsOn Bay Area Staff:
- Embrace HandsOn Bay Area’s core values and mission.
- Be ambassadors for HandsOn Bay Area in the community.
- Support the fundraising efforts of the organization.
- Act as leaders on HandsOn Bay Area corporate service projects as necessary.
Important Dates & Information
- June 18: applicant submission deadline
- June 18 - June 22: in-person interviews
- Start date: July 16th or earlier
- HandsOn is contractually obligated to run background checks on our employees, and we strongly believe in protecting the vulnerable populations with which we work. Don't automatically exclude yourself from applying. We take a whole view of a person's past into consideration, because we know that you are a lot more than your permanent record.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email a cover letter and resume (please convert all attachments to pdf) to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 18.
- Include the following email subject line: Purchasing & Finance Associate - [insert your last name here].
- Address the following in your cover letter: What makes a high-quality customer experience?