Under moderate day-to-day supervision, with an intermediate degree of independent judgment and discretion, assist and support the Senior Network Administrator in managing and maintaining the Pratt network infrastructure, equipment, and environment.POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Offer first through third tier response to matters associated with the networking group's activities.
- Assist in maintaining centralized documentation of all infrastructure information including hardware/software licensing, network/environment diagrams.
- Monitor and act as first-responder to all network equipment and process malfunction service requests.
- Assist in the research of network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts. Recommend appropriate hardware and software products to be acquired.
- Coordinate and perform installation and configuration of new equipment as assigned.
- Provide telephony hardware, system and end-user support.
- Install and configure client and server network software and hardware and perform software upgrades as needed.
- All other duties and activities as assigned
Education: HS Diploma/GED required, Associate's Degree in Computer Science, Networks or equivalent training preferred.
Experience: Two years experience as with data networks, network-related systems administration or other related IT experience.
Please submit your cover letter and resume. If you are selected for an interview, please be prepared to provide at least 5 References via our on-line reference tool system. At least 2 of your References must be, or have been, your direct managers.
This institution is using Interfolio's Faculty Search to conduct this search. Applicants to this position receive a free Dossier account and can send all application materials, including confidential letters of recommendation, free of charge
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, marital or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Pratt Institute recognizes and values the benefits of a diverse workforce.
Minimum Education Required