10050 Buffalo Speedway
- Assists in implementation of an operational development plan.
- Assists with execution of direct mail campaigns, mailing lists, running letters, overseeing assembly/mailing of letters.
- Assists with execution of special events (Hearts of Hope luncheon, Hats, Hearts & Horseshoes spring event, and others as approved by Board of Directors), tasks include but are not limited to: packaging of promotional and printed materials, mailing lists, running letters, overseeing stuffing of letters/invitations and maintaining accurate host committee, underwriting and RSVP/guest lists.
- Provide high level of support in planning for and execution of Bo’s Place 30th Anniversary Friend and Family Day in 2020.
- Acts as development office liaison to Volunteer Department for securing and oversight of volunteer support for development needs, and providing support for volunteer based outreach/fundraising activities as necessary (Marathon Run for a Reason program and Bo’s Buddies, Holiday Meals and other donated meals). Track volunteer hours for development activities and report to Volunteer Department for records in Apricot (family and volunteer software).
- Respond to inquiries from organizations donating tickets (sports, cultural, etc.)
- Manage in-kind donations and Bo’s Place Amazon Wish Lists.
- Provide occasional outreach support in peak months for community fairs.
- Serve as a representative of Bo’s Place as needed when outside groups are on campus and request as tour.
- Compile donor information and work with Communications Director for Annual Report and other projects as necessary.
- Provide support in obtaining prior donor history for planned giving initiative.
- Provide logistical support for annual offsite board retreat and community tours.
General Administrative Support:
- Attends Development Committee and Development Team meetings. Takes and distributes minutes of meetings.
- Assists in developing files and/or notebooks with development and events materials and correspondence.
- Responsible for ensuring that all gifts, including in-kind donations, are acknowledged in a timely manner.
- Responsible for ensuring all matching gift paperwork is timely completed and gifts tracked and processed.
- Responsible for maintenance of donor database (Donor Perfect) and files.
- Responsible (in conjunction with Finance Director) for monthly reconciliation of donor database and financial database.
- Responsible for preparation of Development Committee materials, including but not limited to: weekly giving updates, reconciled monthly development report for committee meetings and special donation reports.
- Provide Communications Director with appropriate materials for social media and electronic communications revolving around development related functions. Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Prefer Bachelor degree in Business, Communications, Marketing/Public Relations or related discipline.
- Some experience in fundraising, event planning, and/or marketing required.
- Strong working knowledge of computer software for word processing and spreadsheets (MS Word, Excel, Access). Experience with donor database software and willingness to learn DonorPerfect (system used by Bo’s Place). Familiar with operation of general office equipment.
- Flexible, supportive, helpful attitude while working with a variety of staff and volunteers.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a team player who works well with others, while also maintaining the ability to work independently.
- Integrity, warmth, positive outlook, compassion and a good sense of humor.
This is either a part-time position averaging 30 hours per week or full-time position of 40 hours per week with additional evening and weekend hours as necessary to accomplish fundraising and special event objectives (to be negotiated with candidate). The Development Assistant must maintain a professional appearance, be able to work well with members of the Board of Directors, volunteers, other staff, and members of the community. Attention to detail is a must.
This is either a part-time position averaging 30 hours per week or full time position of 40 hours per week (to be negotiated with candidate)
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required