Reporting to the Senior Director of Development, the Manager will support the goals of the Business Development/Grants team, specifically in the areas of research, strategy, and engagement related to generating new revenue opportunities.
Requirements, Education and Skills
• Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years’ experience in fundraising, business development, philanthropy, or corporate/foundation relations
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Strong presentation and networking skills
• Strong organizational and project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Strong online research skills
• Experience writing proposals, presentations, reports, agreements, and related documents
• Experience in, or familiarity with cancer, healthcare, or social services a plus
Business Development/Grants Team
Outside of Organization
Key business development partners
Business Development/Grants Team
Research and Strategy:
• Develop new business development outreach strategies in coordination with the Senior Director of Development and Chief Business Development and Alliance Officer.
• Work with Business Development/Grants team, Senior Leadership, and the Social Services team to research and develop new partnership opportunities for CancerCare’s existing programs and services as well as new initiatives.
• Assess potential partners to determine opportunity areas for engagement and support.
• Develop feasibility and market assessments related to new revenue opportunities.
• Create and maintain consistent pipeline of potential partners to ensure an ongoing, enduring pool of revenue prospects.
• When appropriate, work with Individual Giving team to leverage corporate contacts among individual donors; coordinate outreach to ensure that all opportunities for revenue generation are maximized.
• Develop/initiate relationships with potential corporate partners and their stakeholders (employees, CSR, Marketing, Philanthropy, senior leaders).
• Attend events, conferences, and other meetings where potential business development partners will be present to expand CancerCare’s network of potential partners.
• Clearly articulate CancerCare’s mission, its many programs and services, and its clients to potential partners.
Coordination/Facilitation of Business Development Goals:
• Facilitate internal meetings of key CancerCare staff from various departments in an effort to coordinate inter-departmental activities that support business development goals.
• Create and maintain a targeted engagement calendar of external oncology, healthcare, philanthropy, and prospective partner events for CancerCare’s strategic participation.
• Work with and support Communications team on outreach efforts aimed at engaging new audiences for CancerCare and its specific programs/initiatives, with the goal of generating new sources of revenue.
• Create visual presentations, executive summaries, briefing materials, and related collateral to potential partners and key CancerCare staff.
• Maintain and ensure timely tracking of pertinent research, outreach, engagement, and related activities in database
Reporting to the Senior Director of Development, the Manager will support the goals of the Business Development/Grants team, specifically in the areas of research, strategy, and engagement related to generating new…