472 1st Avenue North
Position Summary: The Sales Assistant supports Account Executives in all areas of the sales process, including client orders, CRM management, sales proposal development, audience metrics and qualitative data, and other sales activity. They support the Director of Strategic Relations on business development initiatives, data management and reporting, scheduling and other administrative activities. This position will manage assigned trade relationships.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provides assistance and support to Account Executives on a wide range of sales related functions from administrative tasks to full coverage for vacations and other short term needs for existing and potential clients.
- Researches, organizes, disseminates, and maintains market intelligence information from a variety of third-party data sources on industry and market developments, emerging categories, qualitative audience characteristics and ratings info to support the team’s prospecting and client initiatives.
- Supports the Sales Team with the development and design of sales materials, client presentations, sponsorship proposals, recaps, etc.
- Prepares and writes copy and manages other creative assets; works with the team to ensure compliance with FCC and other regulations and policies, maintaining a thorough understanding of FCC guidelines relevant to on-air underwriting and client copy.
- Assists with review of monthly client billing, aging, and any post campaign evaluation or reporting required by specific clients.
- Performs administrative functions for Director Of Strategic Relations, including calendar management, CRM tracking, and email, mail, and phone correspondence as appropriate.
- Coordinates Director Of Strategic Relations’ approved purchases, expense reporting, other financial forms and documentation, including arranging for air flights, transportation, lodging, meals and conference attendance.
- Schedules and organizes team sales meetings, keeps a rolling agenda, and tracks priorities.
- Generates and distributes a variety of reporting including inventory, sales activities, revenue pacing, and sales performance.
- Manages trade accounts and other relationships as assigned by the Director of Strategic Relations.
- Attends cross-department meetings relevant to Business Support and works collaboratively across KEXP teams, including Traffic, Events, Marketing, and Programing, to support revenue generation goals and client stewardship initiatives.
- Represents KEXP at station events and other community functions, stewarding clients and supporting a culture of philanthropy.
- Assists with other organizational activities as directed.
Organizational & Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Maintains thorough understanding of KEXP organizational policies, including employee handbook; follows policies and leads by example.
- Ensures that all expenditures under the Sales Assistant’s purview are in line with and reported according to KEXP policies; meets all fiscal reporting deadlines as set forth by organization, including the timely submission of expense reports by self and all direct reports (if applicable).
- Manages payroll submission for self and all direct reports (if applicable) in compliance with KEXP policies, including timely submission of payroll for processing and arranging appropriate coverage of payroll obligations while out of office.
Supervision Received: Reports to the Director of Strategic Relations & Business Development
Supervision Exercised: Supervises volunteers and interns as needed.
Experience: Two or more years of professional experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job as listed above. Music industry and/or sales experience preferred.
- Proactive approach in working with others and identifying opportunities for how the Sales Assistant position can most effectively support the team.
- Highly proficient with a variety of software such as CRM, Smartsheet, Microsoft Office Suite (including Excel and Powerpoint) and Google suite and demonstrated ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Positive attitude and ability to work independently and assertively.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Commitment to maintain confidentiality and a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to take initiative and use independent judgment within established policy and procedural guidelines.
- Strong self-motivation and independence in carrying out responsibilities, organizing and prioritizing multiple tasks, and meeting deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, relationship-building, and communication skills - both written and verbal - which transcend diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in teams, as well as provide consistent, high-quality service to a wide variety of internal and external constituents.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a professional demeanor, especially while working in a fast-paced environment of constant demands and frequent interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and promote a positive working environment, spirit of cooperation, and positive reactions to change and conflict resolution.
- Deep knowledge, appreciation for, and understanding of KEXP programming and mission.
- Ability to embody the community-oriented spirit of KEXP to both internal and external constituents.
Physical Requirements: Long periods of being in a stationary position; operating a computer and other office equipment; frequently moving to/from various work areas; frequently communicating by phone and email; frequently remaining in a stationary position during meetings, discerning meeting content, expressing oneself, and exchanging accurate information; frequently moving to/from off-site meeting and/or event locations; occasionally moves supplies and/or equipment weighing up to 20 pounds.
Working Conditions: Primary location in typical business office environment, with frequent meetings and event attendance at a variety of off-site locations.
Generous benefits package which includes medical/dental/vision coverage, participation in retirement plan options, and much more.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume.
KEXP is committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace. We believe that having staff, interns, and volunteers with diverse backgrounds enables KEXP to better meet our mission and serve music-loving communities around the world. People of color, women, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are encouraged to apply.