Details: Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
The Assistant, Policy & Advocacy is responsible for ensuring smooth and efficient administrative
operations for the Vice President, Policy & Advocacy Leadership Team, the team’s Chief of Staff, and the Policy & Advocacy (PA) team at large. They manage logistical, operational, communication, and technical details for the PA team.
This role is an excellent opportunity for individuals who possess strong organizational skills and an eye for project management. Additionally, this role provides many opportunities to hone professional skills, build knowledge, and gain unique perspectives by working alongside ambitious colleagues and dynamic leaders in a fast-paced, virtual environment.
Administrative support for the Policy & Advocacy Team (50%):
- Manage calendar, travel, and logistics for Vice President, including prioritization of calendar demands.
- Accurate and timely completion of expense reconciliation for VP.
- Aggregate content and disseminate team-wide communications across the PA team.
- Provide primary stewardship & organization over team Google drive.
Support and assist with special projects (25%):
- As needed, support special projects and initiatives across the PA team, including strategic work with chief of staff; logistical support for member-facing programs; putting together presentations for Vice President & Chief of Staff (external and internal).
- Manage projects as assigned by the Chief of Staff.
Administrative support for team retreats & meetings (15%):
- Efficient, budget-compliant, and inclusive logistical planning for PA retreats.
- Efficient, budget-compliant, and inclusive logistical planning for LEE Leadership Team retreats.
LEE-wide support (10%):
- Periodic communications and administrative support for LEE Leadership Team communications and logistics.
- Logistical support for larger staff meetings and convenings.
· Two years of prior work experience, ideally in a fast-paced environment (including internships)
· High school diploma or GED
· Experience coordinating multiple projects to meet tight deadlines
· Demonstrated interest or experience in organizing, civic engagement, policy and advocacy, or politics, at any level
· Good working knowledge of culture and geography of Miami as it relates to traffic patterns and logistics planning
· Exceptional organizational skills, resourcefulness, problem solving, and attention to detail
· Ability to draft effective, streamlined and error-free communications
· Strong relationship-building skills with internal and external stakeholders
· Strong research and problem-solving skills
· High proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
· Deep alignment with LEE’s mission
· Ability to commute regularly to the Miami midtown office, travel up to 20%, and work flexible hours with occasional weekends and evenings
· Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree
· Experience working with low-income communities in the United States
· Experience with Salesforce
· Proficiency with Google applications (Google doc, hangouts in particular)
· If relocating to Miami, ability to return quickly
An Equal-Opportunity Employer with a Commitment to Diversity
Leadership for Educational Equity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and as an organization committed to diversity and the perspective of all voices, we consider applicants equally of race, gender, color, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, disability, political affiliation and national origin. We reasonably accommodate staff members and/or applicants with disabilities, provided they are otherwise able to perform the essential functions of the job.
An affirmative action equal opportunity employer.
The statements in this description represent typical elements, criteria, and general work performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the job.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply by following the link to our website.