50 California Street
The Assistant Counsel works on a variety of legal matters involving Low Income Investment Fund, and its subsidiaries, multiple investment funds, and several special purpose entities engaged in nationwide community development lending, grant-making and special program initiatives in a variety of program areas, including: housing, education, early learning and child development, health care, healthy foods and equitable transit oriented development.
Reports to the General Counsel.
Under the guidance of the General Counsel, the Assistant Counsel shall:
- Corporate Transactions: Provide legal support for corporate transactions, including secured and unsecured credit facilities, capital market and bond transactions, and grants. Provide legal review of corporate contracts.
- Provide legal support and guidance to lending department on fund structuring, term sheets and corporate legal issues.
- Provide legal support and guidance in developing new programs.
- Manage and maintain legal entities and required licenses.
- Board: Manages, maintains and ensures compliance with corporate board documentation, including certificate of incorporation, bylaws, minutes, resolutions and other corporate records; oversees compliance with California corporate law requirements; advise on corporate governance issues and best practices.
- Provide support on enterprise risk management program: including advising on risk and risk mitigation; working with other departments on risk mitigation plans; charting risks and mitigation strategies.
- Provide guidance and support on legal compliance matters.
- Manage outside counsel.
Additional job duties as assigned by General Counsel.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Minimum of 3 years of corporate, real estate or commercial transactional experience with a law firm or corporate legal department.
- Knowledge of Federal, State and Local housing community, economic development programs a plus.
- Working knowledge of California not for profit law
- Working knowledge of diverse legal areas including, corporate, commercial, and real estate law.
EDUCATION AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- JD from an ABA accredited law school and admission to and in good standing in the State Bar of California.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- A high degree of professionalism and integrity
- Working knowledge of Salesforce and Microsoft word products
We offer excellent benefits. See our website for overview.
Minimum Education Required