The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
PROGRAM OVERVIEW (Please list Project Name and Location)
The National HIV Behavioral Surveillance Study (NHBS) is a CDC-sponsored project aimed at measuring HIV prevalence and risk behaviors among groups at increased risk for HIV. For 2021, we will be conducting a survey cycle among men who have sex with men. Interviewers/HIV Testing Counselors will be needed for data collection activities.
Hired staff will be conducting confidential behavioral surveys with people at increased risk for HIV. Staff will also provide guidance for use of at home HIV test kits and provide resources for HIV counseling. Staff in this position must adhere to strict detailed survey research protocols 2) ability to comply with strict protocols for confidentiality; 3) strong attention to detail; 4) ability to establish rapport with diverse racial/ethnic, socioeconomic, and sexual orientation groups.
Work location is 42-09 28th Street, Long Island City Queens (Gotham) and remotely
Workdays are Monday thru Friday, 35 hours per week.
· Conducting a 45-minute computer-administered survey with participants through Zoom
· Provide guidance to participants on how to use an at-home HIV test kit and provide HIV counseling
· Provide in-person bloodborne HIV testing for participants who opt for in-person HIV testing instead
· Provide guidance to participants on how to self-collect oral and rectal specimens for STI testing
· Accurately document participant information on paper and electronic forms
· Provide STI results anonymously
· High School Diploma or GED
· Familiarity with video-conferencing software, such as Zoom
· Ability to learn and use computerized interview programs
· Strong communication skills
· Adhere to strict detailed survey research protocols 2) ability to comply with strict protocols for confidentiality; 3) strong attention to detail; 4) ability to establish rapport with diverse racial/ethnic, socioeconomic, and sexual orientation groups; 5).They will be expected to maintain confidentiality, effectively communicate with their supervisor on a daily basis, and be on time for all study appointments.
· Preferred Skills
o Proficiency in Spanish
o Experience working with men who have sex with men
o Experience in conducting research interviews
o Experience in HIV testing and counseling.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
This is an hourly paid temporary position. The total funding available for this July thru December position is ($26 per hour, 35 hours per week). Selected candidate is eligible for benefits via staffing agency.
There is potential for this position to transition to DOHMH and therefore candidates must meet DOHMH eligibility requirement including NYC residency.
To apply, send Resume, with Cover Letter, including how your experience relates to this position here. We ask that you do not contact our staff directly and no phone inquiries please. Applicants who best match the position needs will be contacted.
The Fund for Public Health in New York City is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages a diverse pool of candidates to apply.
The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health…