Details: Salary and Benefits: This is a full time, permanent, career position. The salary range is based on certification levels, skills, and experience.
500 North Sacramento Boulevard
Nearly 50% of Chicago’s West side teens never finish high school.
Bring the vision. Keep the hope. Be the change .
The West Town Academy (WTA) is a highly effective, state-recognized diploma-granting high school for students who have dropped out of Chicago Public Schools and wish to complete their secondary education. 75% of our students are African-American, and 25% are Latino. Students range in age from 17-21 years of age. Most WTA students are from low-income families, and approximately 15% are DCFS wards.
The WTA plays a critical role in the lives of both our students and their communities. The WTA strives to demonstrate and model a highly successful strategy for re-engaging, teaching and graduating our community’s many dropout youth. Additionally, the WTA serves as a model for civic and government leaders to encourage the creation and expansion of resources and programs that effectively address the needs of our community’s many at-risk and dropout youth
Position: Math Instructor
(1) Develop lesson plans and provide academic instruction and individualized mentoring services to assigned students
(2) Oversee the implementation of educational plan and intervene immediately with any students on their caseload showing attendance, behavior, or academic problems
(3) Follow-up daily with phone calls to absent students and their parents/ guardians
(4) Provide additional tutoring and develop remediation plan for any students failing to perform in their class
(5) Maintain all records, logs, and submit reports in a timely manner
(6) Attend all staff meetings and events as assigned
(7) Involvement with after-school and extracurricular activities as needed
- Candidates should possess a demonstrated commitment to community service
- Two or more years related experience with at-risk, dropout youth preferred
- Bachelor’s degree (required)
- Illinois Secondary Professional Educator License (PEL) preferred, but not required
- Candidates not in possession of Secondary PEL certification will be required to pass a qualifying test for Charter School Certification within 90 days
The agency benefit package includes health, life, disability insurance, retirement plan, and bonus program.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified candidates should submit a detailed cover letter and resume demonstrating how you meet or exceed each minimum qualification and describing generally their relevant special knowledge, skills, and abilities. Please submit application materials electronically or send directly to West Town Academy via mail:
West Town Academy
534 N. Sacramento Blvd.
Chicago, IL 60612
No phone calls please