Details: Hourly compensation depending on experience.
1625 11th Avenue
AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM SEEKS ASSISTANT TEACHER
Located in Windsor Terrace neighborhood of Brooklyn, the P.S. 154 After School Program focuses on providing a safe caring environment while supporting learning and social development for P.S. 154 students.
Our organization is looking for an assistant teacher. The candidate is someone who loves to work with children in an After School environment M-F from 2:00 pm - 6:15 pm.
In this supporting role, you will be part of a team providing a safe, caring and inspiring environment for students where they can make friends, learn and play.
We are looking for an assistant teacher who will work with students in grades 1 -5, M-F from 2:00 pm – 6:15 pm.
- Prior experience working in a childcare and or kindergarten setting
- Pursuing a degree in early childhood education, education or a related field
- Reliable, punctual, responsible, caring and patient
- Excellent organizational skills
- Communicates well with children, parents and staff
- Loves children and passionate about teaching
- Cheerful and kind
- Learn and implement after school procedures
- Assists in maintaining safety
- Plan and distribute snack and other activities during transition times
- Assist lead teacher in developing and implementing daily after school activities
- Instruct and engage during transitions and activities
- Provide positive support and encouragement to students
- Guide students through clean up
- Assist with homework (grades 1-5 only)
- Maintain supplies and classroom
To apply please email your cover letter, resume and 3 references to
No phone calls
Only qualified candidates will be contacted
Minimum Education Required