As the fastest growing, highest-performing charter school network in New York State, Success Academy has reimagined public education. Nationally recognized for achieving outstanding academic results for students from all backgrounds and zip codes, we have created an innovative K-12 school model that is preparing current and future generations of children with the subject mastery and skills to succeed in college and life. We now need a results-driven Project Manager to to join our Technology team.
Reporting to the newly formed PMO group, the Project Manager and will be responsible for helping to develop the methods, standards, templates and practices of a mature PMO and also for helping to manage current, in-flight, projects. (S)he will plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager will also define the project’s objectives and work directly with developers to plan and execute sprint plans.
Key responsibilities include:
Strategy & Planning
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Effectively set and continually manage project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion, liaising with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Plan, schedule, and track project timelines and deliverables using appropriate tools.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary during project cycle.
- Direct and manage project development from beginning to end.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
A successful applicant will have the following experiences and characteristics:
Knowledge & Experience
- 6+ years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
- Strong familiarity with project management software, such as Microsoft Project, Gantt charting tools, Issue/Risk Management Software and agile lifecycle management tools.
- Demonstrable Technical delivery experience. Familiar and comfort managing diverse resources involved in IT delivery (programmers, business resources, communications, stakeholders).
- Competent and proficient understanding of platforms, such as HR Systems (e.g. Workday), ERP systems (e.g. SAP), Middleware systems, ETL processes, and Analytic Platforms.
- Demonstrated experience in personnel management.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities, and reacts to project adjustments promptly and efficiently.
- Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating. Customer service skills an asset.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Ability to defuse tension among project team, should it arise.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, visit the following link and submit an application: https://jobs.successacademies.org/job-listing/project-manager/81a875cd-21b6-40b4-8e7e-8bf218affbe2/#apply
To join our team, please upload a cover letter and resume that outlines your candidacy. Your cover letter should explain in detail your qualifications for the position.
Success Academy Charter Schools is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth