The Homeless Children’s Playtime Project (“Playtime”) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping break the cycle of homelessness by giving children the opportunity to play, heal and learn. Playtime’s programs cultivate resilience in children experiencing family homelessness by providing and expanding access to transformative play experiences that nurture healthy childhood development. Playtime challenges systemic injustice by advocating for comprehensive, trauma-informed policies and culturally competent programs to reduce the risk of chronic homelessness. Playtime connects families with critical support services in the community to meet their concrete needs.
Summary of Position
The Office & Operations Coordinator is a part-time position providing on-site administrative support at Playtime’s office as well as in-kind donation management. The primary responsibilities of the Office Coordinator position include: administrative support and in-kind donor communication and coordination as well as office organization and logistics. Candidates must have an ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and follow through on issues in a timely manner. The position will require the ability to work on-site at Playtime’s physical office in Columbia Heights at least two days per week and reports to Playtime's Deputy Director.
· Act as main point of contact for all incoming office calls and emails to ensure prompt communication with staff, community partners, donors, volunteers and others
· Review, edit and prepare documents as needed
· Arrange staff appreciation, as well as recognition for birthdays and anniversaries
· Provide administrative support to the Executive Director, Deputy Director, management team, and other staff upon request
· Pick up and process mail and packages in the office twice weekly
· Maintain orderly office environment including boxes, supplies, I.T. equipment, etc.
· Ensure I.T. equipment and phones are in good working order, printing ink is installed, and office supplies are well-stocked
In-kind Donation Management
· Correspond with in-kind donors regarding potential offers and delivery
· Work with program staff to maintain current list of needed items for Playtime’s sites
· Collaborate with Development Director and Coordinator to record donations, communicate with donors, and manage larger in-kind drives (back-to-school, Amazon wish list, Holiday wish list, etc.)
· Support program team in executing play kit, Harvest costume, and back-to-school kit deliveries throughout the year and managing flow of inventory moving from office to site
· Coordinate the schedule and organizational plan for Playtime’s annual Holiday Wish List Drive; launch the logistics of in-kind donation drives and initiate donor communication
Education & Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· 2 years of administrative assistance experience required, nonprofit experience a plus
· Trustworthy, reliable, independent and yet team-oriented
· Highly proficient in various technology applications and tools, specifically Office 365, trouble-shooting basic computer hardware and software issues, and printer ink prowess, for example
· Demonstrated project management experience
· Extremely detail-oriented, organized and willing to take initiative
· Excellent communication, writing and grammar skills
· Ability to carry up to 40 lbs. up and down stairs
How to apply:
Application deadline is October 30th but those applications received earliest receive priority consideration. Please submit a cover letter and resume to Ivelina Benitez, Deputy Director, at email@example.com. Include in your cover letter information about your availability and schedule. Thank you for your interest in advancing our mission from behind the scenes!
Hourly rate: $20-22/hour paid biweekly through ADP
Hours per week: 15 hours/week (5 hours for 3 set days per week for example) during normal business hours, up to 20 hours/week during holiday season if needed
Start date: November 9th if possible
The Homeless Children’s Playtime Project (“Playtime”) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping break the cycle of homelessness by giving children the opportunity to play, heal and learn. Playtime’s programs cultivate resilience in…
Please submit cover letter with details about schedule availability and resume to Ivelina Benitez, Deputy Director to: hiring (at) playtimeproject.org. Earliest applicants receive priority consideration.
Please submit cover letter with details about schedule availability and resume to Ivelina Benitez, Deputy Director to: hiring (at) playtimeproject.org. Earliest applicants…