Details: Competitive salary commensurate with experience
Rocketship Education is reinventing elementary school from the ground up. We are building a national network of high-performing schools serving students from low income communities in the Bay Area, Milwaukee, Nashville, and Washington D.C. We serve 7,000 primarily low income students (87% of Rocketeers are socioeconomically disadvantaged) from Pre-K to 5th grade. Our teachers, school leaders, and network support staff are united in our mission to eliminate the achievement gap in our lifetime.
The primary purpose of the Business Operations Manager (BOM) role is to ensure the school is safe, compliant, efficient, and financially sound. The BOM provides direct services to the school that enables instructional staff to better serve students and families. This is a school site based role that requires significant school and business experience. As the BOM role is new to Rocketship, ideal candidates will be self-motivated, flexible, adept at managing change, and driven by our mission to grow, scale and close the achievement gap in our lifetimes. The BOM role is an excellent option for former teachers who want to grow and develop through a school leadership position, but who do not want to pursue instructional leadership.
· Manage food service operations, including managing staff, serving as main contact with meal vendor, ensuring compliance, conducting local audits, and ensuring meal program financial health
· Own procurement and purchasing for the school site. Work with school to understand needs, place orders, inventory items received, handle returns/exchanges, etc.
· Hire, manage, and evaluate all hourly school support staff, including those working on lunch and arrival/dismissal
· Support the logistical, compliance, and technology side of administration of selected assessments, including NWEA MAP, STAR, CELDT, Physical Fitness, and Hearing & Vision testing
· Serve as main owner of school safety processes and compliance, including administering trainings, running drills, and conducting safety audits. Partner with Principal to respond to emergencies
· Manage facilities-related needs, including scheduling/meeting vendors and handling after-hours facilities emergencies
· Provide support for Principal on finance-related topics, including around budgets, cash collection, and invoice approval
· Serve as on-site HR compliance contact, including completion of new hire and benefits paperwork and collect personnel file items
· Serve as on-site IT contact, including managing IT assets, assisting staff with IT issues as able, and serving as main touchpoint to central IT staff
· Manage arrival and dismissal
· Manage start-of-year logistics around move-in (most relevant for new schools)
· Own free/reduced-price lunch application process, including validating forms and running income verification process
· Run weekly and monthly attendance reports, serve as main point of contact for PowerSchool administrator for needs related to compliance reporting
· Minimum 2 years of relevant experience, with school-based experience preferred
· Managerial experience preferred but not required
· Strong PC-based computer skills, and ability to quickly adapt to new computer programs and software
· Experience in a fast-paced, highly analytical, entrepreneurial environment -- with ability and desire to help shape a new role and flexibly shift responsibilities over time as the role and department evolve
· High tolerance for ambiguity, changing work priorities and deadlines, and a willingness to take on responsibilities and to prioritize work on multiple projects
· Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including on sensitive topics
· Skill at communicating respectfully and empathetically with student families. Spanish language proficiency preferred but not required.
· Team-player attitude and strong customer-service orientation
· Demonstrated ability to be detail-oriented, organized, and resourceful
· Ability to proactively manage multiple critical deadlines and quickly and confidently adapt in a fast-paced environment, independently following through on completion of tasks and responsibilities
· Skill at building strong working relationships with people in both senior- and junior-level roles, both within and beyond Rocketship
· Ability to treat sensitive issues with respect and empathy and maintain strict confidentiality where required
· Passion for Rocketship's mission, matched with a strong work ethic
· Belief that all students can achieve academic success
How to Apply
To apply, please visit http://www.rsed.org/applynow_operationalsupport.cfm
Rocketship Education provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Rocketship Education complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Rocketship Education expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Rocketship Education's employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Minimum Education Required