About Malala Fund: Malala Fund is working toward a world where all girls can learn for 12 years and lead without fear. We advocate for resources and policy changes needed to give all girls a secondary education. The girls we serve have high goals for themselves — and we have high expectations for leaders who can help them. We invest in developing country education leaders and frontline organisations — the people who best understand girls in their communities — in regions where most girls are missing out on secondary school. We amplify girls’ voices. Malala Fund is building a movement of young education activists who, like Malala, speak truth to power around the world.
Position Summary: The Production Associate supports Malala Fund’s Communications team by working with the Digital Manager to develop creative assets for campaigns and emails. The Associate will also work collaboratively with Advocacy, Programmes and Development departments to produce documents or graphics as needed. The ideal candidate is a keen project manager with a strong attention to detail and experience working with various stakeholders to create a final product that delivers on shared organisational and departmental needs.
I. Responsibilities & Tasks:
• Manages the production schedule for digital and print collateral, ensuring all internal stakeholders review and sign off to meet deadlines.
• Works with the Digital Manager and freelance graphic designer(s) to maintain Malala Fund brand standards, consolidate edits and amend documents or graphics throughout the production process.
• Lays out documents in Adobe and makes minor edits to raw design files.
• Coordinates with external vendors, including graphic designer or printers.
• Supports production of a bi-monthly newsletter, building emails and creating graphics on an ad hoc basis.
• Keeps content library organized and assists staff with locating files, proper usage and best practices.
• Oversees vendor accounts and works with Operations and Finance colleagues to develop contracts and process invoices.
• Other duties as assigned.
• At least 1-2 years of experience working in graphics and print production.
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign).
• Demonstrated knowledge of various file types, sizes and use cases for web versus print.
• Proven experience managing cross-departmental projects and/or vendors.
• Experience building and testing email and working in email marketing systems, IBM Watson preferred.
• HTML and CSS for email a plus.
• Proven experience turning around documents on tight deadlines.
• Video editing experience a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com, indicating “Production Associate” in the subject line of your email. Please also feel free to include a link to your online portfolio (optional).
Please note that due to the very high number of applications we receive every time a position is posted, we are unfortunately only able to respond directly to candidates with whom we wish to move forward in the interview process.
Malala Fund is committed to safeguarding children and employment with our team is conditional upon successfully completing a background check.