Details: This is a part time position requiring 29 hours per week. Compensation is $15/hour.
100 Bayard Street
Food & Water Watch is a leading national public interest organization that runs dynamic, cutting edge organizing campaigns to protect our essential resources—food, water and climate. Our mission is to stand up to corporations that put profits before people, and advocate for a democracy that improves people’s lives and protects our environment. In 2011, Food & Water Watch was the first national organization to call for a ban on fracking. We have won significant national victories including banning fracking in states and communities across the country as well as fighting water privatization in dozens of communities. Our legal work is focused on industrial agriculture, water privatization, food safety and climate and energy issues, all in pursuit of our organizational theory of change. Our work has been featured in the New York Times, the Washington Post, the Baltimore Sun and numerous other major media outlets.
We are seeking a dedicated Campaign Office Manager and Data Specialist to support our grassroots organizing campaigns in New Jersey. The new Campaign Office Manager and Data Specialist will be responsible for:
- Maintaining our activist, volunteer and supporter databases with up to date, accurate and complete information
- Engaging Food & Water Watch activists, volunteers and supporters in our campaign events and actions
- Supporting special projects as needed
This position is based out of New Brunswick, New Jersey
· Regular Data Entry and Data Maintenance
· Supporting Food & Water Watch organizing campaigns by conducting targeted phone, email and in person
communications with current and prospective activists, volunteers and supporters
· Office Management including procurement of supplies, printing and maintaining research and other written
materials, light cleaning and organizing of office space.
· Project based work and other duties as assigned
- Education: High school diploma or higher.
- Experience: Flexible. Some experience in a professional office environment preferred.
- Knowledge: Passion to learn about current environmental and public health issues, with a specific focus on water, energy and climate change policy.
- Skills: Highly organized, self driven, project-oriented team player with excellent communication skills
- Capabilities: Proficient with MS Office Suite including Excel and Outlook
- Applicant must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please include a resume, cover letter, writing sample and three references in one document.
To Apply for this position, please copy and paste the link below:
Position open until filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Food & Water Watch strives for a diverse work environment and encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and individuals with disabilities to apply.