The Fuller Foundation’s Major Gifts Development Specialist supports three main areas of Development: assistance to the VP of Development with administration of the Major Gifts Program, administrative and donor care support to the Major Gifts team and the Development Officers to whom they are assigned and assists in planning and executing strategic Major Donor events.
Direct Reports: None
Assist VP of Development with Administration of the Major Gifts Program: 15%
- Organize weekly Development Officer meetings, monthly Major Gifts Pipeline meetings, and quarterly meetings with campus partners for Campaign Priorities fundraising. Prepares agendas and any advance materials needed. Takes notes and handles follow up items.
- Assist with Budget planning and forecasting.
- Assist with other Major Gifts projects, as assigned.
Major Gifts Donor Specialist: 70%
- Provide general administrative and donor care support to a team of five Development Officers: three Major Gifts Officers, a Planned Giving Officer, and a Foundation Relations Officer.
- Research and book travel and hotel arrangements, as requested; process expense reports.
- Relate to Seminary President’s Office Administrative staff on calendar and meeting coordination.
- Provide assistance with Principal Gifts Program scheduling of meetings and maintaining records.
- Manage master calendar for the Development Officers, including utilizing inter-departmental relations to collect all pertinent calendar information.
- Other duties as assigned.
Major Gifts Donor Care:
- Update constituent information in the Development database, ensuring accuracy and following institutional data entry standards.
- Request reports and lists from Development Database; ensure accuracy of all information provided.
- Maintain donor files, both in the Development database and hard files.
- Create correspondence to donors and others as required, using strong writing skills that includes attention to grammatical accuracy and sensitivity to the recipient.
- Type, proofread, edit (as requested), and mail letters and other assigned correspondence in a timely manner.
- Assist in arranging Development Officer visits/meetings, as needed.
- Handle donor inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Communicate confidently with donors, faculty and staff, alumni, vendors, churches, and other constituents on behalf of the Development Officers.
Planned Giving Program Support and Donor Care: In support of the Senior Director of Planned Giving and in addition to the above general duties:
- Assist in updates and maintenance of Legacy Circle database.
- Maintain and ensure accuracy of Legacy Circle information in Development database.
- Assist in Legacy Circle Newsletter/Communications.
Foundation Relations Support and Donor Care: In support of the Director of Foundations and in additional to the above general duties:
- Provide research for grants and compile information/data for grant proposals.
- Maintain an ongoing calendar of all reporting dates and requirements for Foundation gifts/grants.
- Track the grant proposal process and all grant reporting.
Development Events Support: 15%
Working with the Principal Donor Specialist, assist in planning and implementing virtual and in-person Development events, including receptions, luncheons, dinners, etc. Responsibilities might include preparation of guest lists, program agendas, invitations, event set-up, and coordination. Collaboration with Fuller Seminary events team, as required.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years of progressive administration experience is required, preferably in an academic setting; Development experience is preferred.
- Event planning and management experience is preferred.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with staff, faculty, and the public; friendly and professional demeanor with a positive customer service mindset.
- Exceptional organizational skills, with meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent project management skills: ability to balance multiple projects and re-prioritize as needed.
- Ability to handle regular interruptions to serve the needs of others while maintaining focus on multiple priorities and meeting short and long-term deadlines.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- High level proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google apps; strong working proficiency of CRM/database systems, with Ellucian CRM Advance a plus.
Full-time, Non-Exempt; Reports to the VP of Development