About Fresh is a Boston area nonprofit on a mission to strengthen communities by getting healthy food to the households that need it most. Our programs are built to be integrated into community health systems.
- Fresh Truck mobile markets bring affordable, healthy food to Boston neighborhoods
- Fresh Connect is a pre-paid debit card and analytic platform that enables health care providers to cover the cost of healthy food for patients and measure related health impacts
- Fresh Box a direct-to-doorstep contactless delivery of fresh fruits, vegetables, and other grocery staples developed as a response to the COVID crisis.
About Fresh is looking for a People + Culture Manager who will nurture our values-driven culture and support our high-performance, dedicated, and diverse team to do their best work. You will lead initiatives to manage and grow the About Fresh culture, employee experience, learning and development, HR administration, recruitment, and brand engagement across the organization.
The ideal candidate will have a proven capacity to build effective and mission-driven teams with experience in organizational culture, growth planning, talent management, implementing HR systems, and internal communications within a startup organization. This role will report to the Chief Program Officer and collaborate Director of Finance and Administration. will work cross-functionally with managers and teams across the organization.
What you’ll do
- Serve as a trusted partner to the executive team ensuring that their strategic vision for a values-based culture and effective people operations are operationalized across the organization
- Contribute to the development and implementation of an internal organizational equity plan for compensation, hiring, culture, and other key internal practices
- Develop initiatives that foster a culture of inclusion and belonging
- Work with senior leaders and people managers as they build and develop their teams, supporting them through change management, performance management, compensation, engagement, and navigating and resolving employee relations issues
- Research and recommend learning and development content through partnerships, technologies, and internal design
- Influence the evolution and execution of performance management, including goal setting, reviews, coaching, and effective feedback loops
- Support the implementation of our talent strategy, ensuring high-quality partnerships, collaboration, and cultivating a high performance and inclusive culture
- Be hands-on and work side by side with leadership to roll out people-related programs, including employee engagement, and talent development programs
- Responsible for administering HR functions including payroll, benefit, and paid time off
- Lead the development of the About Fresh new employee process including paperwork administration and culture onboarding
- Inform, communicate, and interpret HR policies and procedures, and ensure compliance
- Collaborate with Director of Finance and Administration to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local law and regulation
Who you are
- With 4+ years of experience in HR or People Operations, you’ve demonstrated success in building, deploying, and optimizing processes and systems for scale (including auditing existing practices, rolling out new processes/tools/systems, and developing feedback loops for continuous improvement)
- You bring an operational mindset to everything you do, leveraging complex data to measure organizational performance and develop straightforward, adoptable solutions
- As a people leader, you have experience hiring, supporting, and developing a high-performing team as well as informing strategies and systems for rewards and recognition that drive employee engagement, professional development, retention, equity, and belonging
- You embrace working in a highly collaborative, consensus-driven environment that values open communication, transparency, efficiency, and disciplined execution
- As a decision-maker, you possess personal and professional integrity that is beyond reproach, an unwavering commitment to equity, and a growth mindset
- You are willing to think outside of the box to develop solutions that meet About Fresh’s unique needs and support our high-performing team as we grow
- You’ve worked in a nonprofit or other mission-focused context and have developed tools, systems, and processes to enable the delivery of the organizational mission
- The salary range for this position is $62,000-$72,000
- Competitive benefits package provided for full-time employees and eligible dependents, including full employer-paid health, subsidized dental and vision coverage
- 3 weeks paid vacation including paid company holidays
- 403-b retirement savings matching
About Fresh is currently working remotely and will continue to do so until conditions are safe to return to our shared office space.
About Fresh practices equity, inclusion, and belonging throughout our programming, hiring practices, and organizational design to create a culture and environment where diverse perspectives, ideas, and identities are valued and integrated into our way of working and making decisions in service of our mission. About Fresh staff represent a wide range of racial, socioeconomic, gender, religious, and national identities—we value the depth this brings to carrying out our mission. About Fresh is an equal opportunity employer.