125 Broad Street
OPERATIONS COORDINATOR/IT LEAD
Position: Operations Coordinator/IT Lead
Salary Range: Salary commensurate with experience. Promotion opportunities for recent graduates. NYCLU has a generous and competitive benefits package.
Location: New York Civil Liberties Union, 125 Broad Street, NY, NY
Applications accepted through June 30, 2018 or until position is filled.
The New York Civil Liberties Union (NYCLU) is one of the nation's leading advocates on behalf of constitutional rights and liberties. Founded in 1951, as the New York affiliate of the American Civil Liberties Union, the NYCLU is a not-for-profit, nonpartisan organization with more than 180,000 members and supporters, and eight offices statewide. We work in the courts, in the legislatures and on the streets to advocate for racial and economic justice, free speech, freedom of religion, privacy and equality before the law for all New Yorkers. For more information please visit our website: www.nyclu.org
The New York Civil Liberties Union seeks a full-time Operations Coordinator/IT Lead. The qualified candidate will work under the supervision of the Administrative Manager and assist members of every department within the organization. They will be responsible for coordinating and planning IT- and building-related operations for the NYCLU, specifically regarding the day-to-day operations of the organization’s IT (computer/telephone) systems. These duties include liaising between the organization and its IT consultants; troubleshooting daily operations issues, when necessary, with the goal of solving problems quickly and efficiently; planning the organization’s IT strategy and rollout; determining hardware/software needs; procuring and maintaining IT and office equipment; and contacting repair/maintenance vendors as required. This position has a career path and opportunities for growth.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Space & facilities management
· Maintaining office security & access
· Employee on-boarding and off-boarding procedures
· Setup of workstations and user accounts
· Research and draft instructions regarding best tech practices and policies
· Educate staff members on latest trends and best practices in tech
· Manage vendor contracts and maintain vendor lists and contact information
· Meetings/events management and catering, if needed
· Budgeting and tracking of IT and office expenses
IDEAL CANDIDATE EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
The ideal candidate for this position:
· Has excellent organizational skills, with an ability to manage competing priorities and work with multiple deadlines
· Is detail-oriented and organized, with strong communication and problem-solving skills
· Works well both independently and with others in a sometimes fast-paced environment
· Has an eye for detail and a focus on driving cost efficiencies when previewing and recommending contract agreements with third-party vendors
· Is able to learn new or unfamiliar software on the spot and communicate with support representatives to troubleshoot when issues arise
· Has a customer service mindset and can provide user-friendly explanations, information and support
Candidates must have the following qualifications:
· Progressively responsible work experience in related areas OR education, training or certificates in related areas
· Expertise in using, maintaining and providing technical assistance with Microsoft Office Suite programs (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
· General knowledge pertaining to latest technologies (e.g., computers, mobile devices) and ability to communicate that knowledgebase to anyone, from expert to novice
· Ability to lift and move up to 30 lbs. for short distances
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a one-page cover letter describing your unique experience and qualifications for this position, including your salary requirements and a resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference “Operations Coordinator/IT Lead” in the subject line.
The NYCLU is proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and encourages all applicants regardless of race, sex, gender identity, age, disability, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status or record of arrest or conviction. We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, and having a workforce that reflects the population that we serve.