Director of HR & Corporate Insurance
- Job posted by Fellowship of Christians in Universities and Schools
FOCUS, the Fellowship of Christians in Universities and Schools, is an inter-denominational Christian youth ministry working in 9 east-coast areas and San Francisco, CA. The purpose of FOCUS is to give independent school students in grades 6-12 the opportunity to investigate traditional Christian faith and values in a forum that is fun, relevant, intellectually stimulating and non-coercive. FOCUS pursues this goal through area-based activities and meetings as well as summer programs at its Study Center on Martha’s Vineyard and school-season programs at various locations.
We are seeking an individual for the position of FOCUS Director of Human Resources and Corporate Insurance. This is a one person department and is a Part-Time possibly Full-Time role.
The Human Resource Director is directly responsible for the overall administration and daily transactions, coordination and evaluation of the human resources and corporate insurance functions. This includes payroll, employee benefits, pension, and corporate insurance such as Auto and other liability insurances.
In coordination with the Chief Operating Officer, the Director of HR and Corporate Insurance will:
1. Review and make recommendations to executive management for improvement of the organization's policies, procedures and practices on human resources and corporate insurance matters.
2. Manage day to day transactions for payroll, employee benefits and corporate insurance policies.
3. Manages the annual renewal of all HR and corporate insurance policies.
4. Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensures organization's compliance.
5. Maintain responsibility for organization compliance with federal, state and local legislation pertaining to all personnel matters, including benefits and pension plan compliance.
6. Communicate changes in the organization's personnel policies and procedures and ensures that proper compliance is followed.
7. Assist executive management in the annual review, preparation and administration of the organization's wage and salary program.
8. Coordinate and conduct exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
9. Consult with legal counsel as appropriate, or as directed by the COO, on personnel matters.
10. Work directly with Area Directors to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities on staff matters.
11. Maintains a human resource information system to meet the ministry’s HR information needs.
12. Participate on committees and special projects and additional responsibilities as needed.
The ideal candidate will have:
• A Bachelor's degree and four to 10 years' related experience or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. SHRM certification preferred.
• A strong commitment to the Christian Gospel, and will be required to sign and abide by the FOCUS Statement of Faith.
• Previous employment or volunteer experience with a Church or ministry such as FOCUS strongly preferred.
• Availability to work full-time or part-time.
FOCUS provides a package that includes:
• Competitive salary, depending on experience/education.
• Comprehensive Health/Dental/Life and Disability insurances for Full-Time staff.
Monthly premiums are currently paid for in full by FOCUS, requiring no premium contribution from the staff member.
• Eligible to participate in voluntary contributions to the FOCUS sponsored 403(b) Retirement Plan. FOCUS provides a dollar-to-dollar match to contributions, not to exceed 5% of eligible wages, and may also provide a discretionary contribution on an annual basis.
• 4 weeks paid vacation/year.
• 10 Paid Time Off (PTO) days to be used as personal/sick days
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Jeff Kohlberger, Chief Operating Officer at email@example.com.
Minimum Education Required