Title: Member Services Coordinator
Department: Member Services
Reports to: Director of Member Engagement
Location: 39 Broadway- Lower Manhattan
Who We Are:
To learn about who we are, our organizational core values, and how we serve as Food Bankers, please visit Our Approach.
Food Bank For New York City has been the city’s major hunger-relief organization working to end hunger throughout the five boroughs for more than 30 years. Nearly one in five New Yorkers relies on Food Bank for food and other resources. Food Bank takes a strategic, multifaceted approach that provides meals and builds capacity in the neediest communities, while raising awareness and engagement among all New Yorkers. Through its member network of more than 1,000 charities and schools citywide, Food Bank provides food for more than 64 million free meals for New Yorkers in need. Food Bank For New York City’s income support services, including food stamps (also known as SNAP) and free tax assistance for the working poor, put more than $150 million each year into the pockets of New Yorkers, helping them to afford food and achieve greater dignity and independence. In addition, Food Bank’s nutrition education programs and services empower more than 44,000 children and adults to sustain a healthy diet on a low budget.
Primary Purpose of the Job
To ensure consistent, professional, and courteous correspondence to Food Bank For New York City’s member agencies. Maintain updated database and file management for all members. Provide administrative support to the Director of Member Engagement and across the organization. Manage monthly data reporting for Member Services. Provide leadership and creativity in working with both Member Services staff and other FBNYC departments around all member data needs.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as liaison between Food Bank and its network of member agencies and potential member agencies by assisting with general questions, requests, fielding/responding to phone calls and additional communication.
- Serve as one of two customer service points of contact for internal and external communication for Food Bank’s Member Engagement team.
- Direct member questions/issues to the appropriate Food Bank departments
- Independently address Food Bank cross organization questions around member information
- Troubleshoot and assist members with the Online ordering system and periodically take member food orders
Info Support & Coordination
- Serve as primary Member Services point of contract for Operations and Finance Department to administer requests for approval of all credit limit requests and CERES modifications
- Maintain accurate files and reports
- Independently coordinate filing all member documents in appropriate physical file
- Respond to request/questions from members which includes any changes to the member record
- Respond to request/questions from members which includes any changes to member profile
- Make all manual changes in appropriate databases upon management’s request
- Create and reset online ordering and FeedNYC passwords.
- Coordinate Data Management across all Member Services units
- Work with Member Services staff to compile all reporting, all staff slides and board slides
- Supports data retrieval and/or member follow up for all mid-year and annual reports
- Analyze Feednyc.org data to apply monthly Statistical Holds to agency accounts
- Provide one-on-one training and technical assistance for members in using the FeedNYC database.
- Create and reset online ordering and FeedNYC passwords
- Work with the Director to coordinate the Food Bank Member Services audit
- Includes independently pulling all requested member files.
- Coordinating to ensure all documents requested are in the file, track-missing documents and create individual documents for Member Engagement Coordinators to recover from members. Follow up with members to ensure deadlines are met.
- Coordinate work with Interns:
- Identify and monitor intern’s daily projects and act as an accessible resource
- Submit regular evaluations for interns to assess daily performance
- Create and/or support annual intern project and reflection paper
Qualifications and experience that this role requires
- Bachelor's degree;
- Strong customer service background and demonstrated ability to ensure consistent, professional and courteous correspondence at all times with Food Bank For New York City member agencies;
- Strong data analysis and reporting background
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, specifically Microsoft Excel formulas and PowerPoint presentations;
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills, keen attention to detail, and excellent time management skills.
- Spanish speaking
- Knowledge of Salesforce databases preferred
Minimum Education Required