Details: $40K-$50K Commensurate with experience
132 Ralph Avenue
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plans, and organizes, and engages in the operations and activities of a centralized disbursement function which includes responsibilities for Travel, Data Entry and Invoice Processing.
- Monitors activities and ensures reporting requirements are met.
- Provides technical expertise for day-to-day operating decision making, policy development and implementation of procedures and internal controls.
- Analyzes, resolves, and answers complex or difficult problems presented by co-workers and vendors.
- Recommends and assists in implementing changes to department policy or procedure to ensure integrity of the related systems.
- Records all transactions involving the tenants of Northeast Brooklyn, and its related entities into our YARDI system and producing tenant rent statements.
- Prepares the journal entries to record both tenant and subsidy revenue for each program and the reconciliation of the data in the YARDI system with our financial system.
- Prepares the billing for contract subsidies and processes move outs and vacancy claims under NEBHDCo rental agreements and contracts.
Position Requirement: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills
- Ability to:
- Work independently, with little to no supervision, in a high volume environment.
- Be a self-starter, highly-disciplined employee who pays great attention to detail.
- Use time efficiently and prioritize and plan work activities.
- Generate and maintain highly accurate and timely work products; complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; Gather and analyze information skillfully and develop solutions.
- Address the challenges of responding to multiple requests.
- Follow policies and procedures and recommend appropriate changes, when warranted.
- Communications Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate clearly and respectfully to a variety of people. Ability to listen and handle inquiries and resolve complaints in timely and effective ways.
- Technical Competencies: Microsoft Office, YARDI
- External Relations: Ability to maintain excellent working relationships with partnering organizations, investors, and NEBHDCo’s vendors/suppliers.
- Teamwork and Customer Relationships: Ability to be a part of a multi-task team; cooperate fully with others and work as a team player; to contribute to a positive team spirit; support everyone's efforts to succeed; and to maintain solid working relationships with other staff members and vendors.
Physical Demands: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
Education and Experience
The successful candidate will preferably have a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in experience and training. Candidate must have a minimum of three (3) years accounting related experience.
Northeast Brooklyn Housing Development Corporation (NEBHDCO) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to ensuring diversity in its workplace.
Benefits being Offered:
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required