Details: Part time hourly rate, 10-15 hours/week
Small non-profit organizations seeks part time, contractual bookkeeper. You will manage our books with support from our Executive Director and other appropriate staff, provide some administrative support with creating/maintaining files related to our donor management and financial records, and support our grants management by assisting with generating reports and fund requests. Working on-site 1-2 times per week, 10-15 hours/week during normal business hours is required.
1. Enter deposit and expenditure transactions monthly into Quickbooks. Confer with staff to clarify proper allocations of income and expenses. File backup records in files by month according to current filing system.
2. Pay bills 2-4 times per month as part of entering transactions.
3. Reconcile bank statements with transactions in Quickbooks monthly.
4. Interface with auditor about records needed for annual audit, 990, and personal property tax returns, and confer with Executive Director as needed to gather and convey materials.
5. Prepare and send monthly financial reports and bank statements to Executive Director in a timely manner for preliminary review, and then to Treasurer for review.
6. Enter annual budget into Quickbooks in consultation with Executive Director.
7. Prepare and send quarterly budget-to-actual reports to Executive Director.
8. Enter contractor 1099 information and issue reports as needed for each contractor.
9. Assist with preparation of other financial reports as needed throughout the year, by program, area, account, or for insurance audit or other purposes.
10. Prepare fund requests monthly for grants by compiling paid invoices, copies of cancelled checks, and funder reporting forms for submittal by Executive Director.
11. Assist in managing grants and preparing grant reports by providing accurate and up to date reports on grant expenditures, noting actual progress compared to planned timelines and funder benchmarks and deadlines.
Conscientious, communicative, and reliable
Detail-oriented and accurate
Timely response to requests to generate reports for board meetings and grant applications
At least 2 years of experience managing financials in Quickbooks
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, or disability unrelated in nature and extent so as to reasonably preclude the performance of the employment. Drug-Free Workplace.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should send Letter of Interest and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 25, 2018.