Do you love supporting grassroots leaders and building power in communities? Do you want to be on the frontlines of organizing for progress in Washington state? Are you passionate about racial equity and ready to work to make it a reality within the progressive community and our state? Are you ready to help progressives win our most important elections and bring communities together to develop and make change?
We are looking for a multi-talented individual to lead and manage our most important organizing campaigns across Washington State. This is an opportunity to be a part of an ambitious plan to help turn our country around and move Washington forward.
The Fuse Organizing Director position is an opportunity to lead an ambitious and growing program that builds grassroots power in Washington state through on-the-ground field capacity. We’re looking for an Organizing Director dedicated to developing and driving an organizing strategy designed to add more people to the most important campaigns. This position aims to strategically build power for progressive causes ranging from making our tax system more progressive to voting justice, fighting climate change, and much more.
- Manage our talented team of organizers and provide direction on their campaigns and strategies
- Drive local organizing projects to develop and mobilize local grassroots leaders in South King, East King and Pierce counties
- Develop and grow Fuse’s long-term civic engagement and leadership development work in target geographic areas
- Build and foster strong partnerships with statewide progressive organizations and groups based in the communities where we work
- Help organize actions aimed at fighting the Trump agenda and promoting progressive policies on health care, immigration, the environment, and other issues
- Engage volunteers in issue and election campaigns to win real changes for their communities
- Work with Fuse communications staff to create relevant communications materials for organizing campaigns
- Ensure our local organizing supports and reflects Fuse’s racial equity goals
- Represent Fuse in coalitions as appropriate
- 5 years or more of community, political, or union organizing experience
- Interest and experience in Washington state and local level politics
- Passion for building power through political organizing and leadership development
- Demonstrated ability to organize volunteers into highly functioning teams
- Significant experience managing and training other organizers
- Experience working alongside communities of color and/or immigrant communities
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, campaign style work environment
- Innovative, creative, and data-driven
- Excels at working in teams and coalitions
- Flexibility to travel regularly within Puget Sound including to East King, South King, and Pierce counties
- Strategic planning skills
- Technology friendly: proficient with Google docs, Microsoft Office, NGP VAN, MyCampaigns, etc.
- Experience leading trainings and facilitating workshops
- Access to a car is required
Fuse offers excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, as well as a retirement package with employer match and generous paid vacation and sick time.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send a resume, cover letter, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Organizing Director.” We will consider applications as they arrive with priority consideration given to applications received by November 25, 2018. This position will start as soon as possible. Please send all questions regarding this position to Jamielyn Wheeler, Jamielyn@FuseWashington.org. Please no phone calls.