Contingent Fingerprint Assistant - 4 hours per week
- Job posted by Lutheran Social Services of New York
475 Riverside Drive
POSITION: Fingerprint Assistant, Immigration Legal Services
REPORTS TO: Receptionist-Fingerprint Specialist; Director of New LIFE Center – Midtown / Coordinator of New LIFE Center -- Uniondale
COMPANY: New LIFE Center – Midtown / New LIFE Center -- Uniondale
CLASSIFICATION: Part Time Support Staff
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Assists sponsors of unaccompanied minors in obtaining family reunification through fingerprinting services and completion of Family Reunification packets.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Greet clients/visitors to the office.
- Fingerprints individuals for unaccompanied minors program.
- Maintain records of individuals fingerprinted.
- Counsel sponsors with completion of Family Reunification packets.
- Scan completed Family Reunification packet documents and email them to appropriate shelter case worker.
- Enter data into program databases.
- Answer calls and make fingerprinting appointments.
- Assist individuals with filling out ORR forms.
· Experience working with clients; comfortable working closely with diverse client base.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must be bilingual in Spanish and English.
- Must work well independently, keep precise notes, and interact well with clients.
- Good organizational skills.
- Must maintain respectful demeanor with clients.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send all resumes and cover letters to the hiring supervisor, Cecelia Aranzamendez, with “Fingerprint Assistant” in the subject line.
Executive Director of Community Services
[with “Fingerprinting Assistant” in the subject line]
----LSSNY is an Equal Opportunity Employer----