bronx, New York
The Program Director is responsible for developing and managing a comprehensive Bronx-based Beacon program serving children, youth and/or adults in educational, recreational, leadership and arts-based programming.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Supervise all aspects of the program
· Establish program goals and outcome measures to determine the success of each program component
· Maintain enrollment and attendance records as required by all funders
· Report program statistics and information as mandated by funders and Phipps CDC
· Prepare reports as mandated by funders and the Managing Director
· Ensure that all facilities and materials are well maintained
· Model appropriate child, youth and adult development practices
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Managing Director
Staffing and Supervision
· Oversee recruitment, training and supervision of all staff
· Oversee weekly timesheets and payroll
· Conduct staff supervision and staff meetings
· Manage evaluation process of all employees
Budget and Development
· Manage all related programmatic budgets
· Provide periodic budgetary updates and reports as requested by the Managing and/or fiscal Directors
Community and stakeholder Engagement
· Maintain and provide oversight of contractual partnerships with private, state and city agencies
· Serve as a liaison between the school principal and Beacon program
· Establish partnerships between the Beacon and all relevant community groups
· Develop a Beacon Advisory Board and facilitate regular meetings
· Obtain continual feedback from constituents to establish new programs and services
· Establish and maintain strategic partnerships between Phipps CDC and relevant community groups, school administrators, public officials, funders, parents and other critical stakeholders and represent organization to community boards, other institutions, agencies, and organizations
Level of Language Proficiency
· It is essential that the successful candidate have a very strong background in youth development and management of youth development professionals.
· The candidate must have a Baccalaureate degree. A master’s degree is preferred.
· The candidate must have excellent management, administrative and communication skills
· The candidate must have a strong background in program development and strategic planning.
· The candidate must be committed to outcomes driven performance and have an understanding of designing programs toward that end.
· Master’s Degree in related field
· Experience in the field of youth development with progressive responsibilities
· Supervisory experience within the field
· A history of program development and strategic planning responsibilities
· Excellent oral and written communication skills and computer literacy
· Bilingual (Spanish speaking) preferred
· Enthusiasm, creativity and initiative
· A sense of humor and a sense of urgency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply on our website to be considered. All applications with resumes and cover letters will not be accepted.