1255 23rd Street Northwest
District of Columbia
About the Organization
Founded in 1977, ZERO TO THREE works to ensure that babies and toddlers benefit from the early connections that are critical to their well-being and development. Our mission is to ensure that all babies and toddlers have a strong start in life. At ZERO TO THREE we envision a society that has the knowledge and will to support all infants and toddlers in reaching their full potential. Our Core Values Statement: We believe that how we do our work is as important as what we do. To learn more about ZERO TO THREE, please visit our website at www.zerotothree.org.
ZERO TO THREE is looking for a Salesforce Developer to lead the ongoing development of the Salesforce.com deployment. The successful candidate will have a record of success in improving processes and adoption using the Force.com platform. The developer will work closely with functional leaders, organizational units, and subject matter experts to identify, develop and deploy new business processes including: Marketing, Fundraising, Outreach and our core program business processes. This role is part Salesforce Developer, part Technical Project Manager and part Salesforce Analyst. The Salesforce Developer will be responsible for executing the day-to-day configuration, support, maintenance and improvement of our CRM platform, Association Management System, Pardot email marketing and other applications in the Salesforce ecosystem.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Own the full application architecture process that translates business requirements into functional solutions. Responsible for connecting business goals and challenges and for the overall design of the application solution on Salesforce.com;
- Work closely with business and IT leaders to transform and develop new requirements into design and implementation (including out of box solutions) to complex business needs;
- Provide governance and best practices/standards supporting the platform adoption and full application lifecycle (design, development, change control, UAT, deployment and support);
- Research, recommend, and implement AppExchange applications and salesforce upgrades to help meet business needs;
- Document current and future state processes and develop technical specifications for projects and enhancements;
- Oversee the work of a Salesforce Administrator and consultants and collaborate with ZTT project managers to identify project milestones, tasks, and required resources;
- Lead Discovery Workshops with key stakeholders to understand ZTT strategic business goals, needs, processes and current use of the platform, and any other customer centric data and processes not currently on SFDC;
- Write functional, technical and database design specifications along with approach to integrating SFDC with multiple external systems;
- Coordinate and negotiate solutions for complex, cross-functional enterprise systems with multiple parties and interests;
- Demonstrates Salesforce and extended AppExchange apps that can fit ZTT needs. Explains complex technology concepts in simple language;
- Delivers detailed design proof-of-concepts, wireframes, prototypes, in PPT and sandbox, as needed;
- Follow agile/scrum methodologies to iterate quickly on product changes, developing user stories and working through backlogs;
- Maintain, enhance and create workflows, functions, and manage all aspects of security and configurations within the Salesforce.com environment;
- And assist in training of new users and grow the Salesforce.com skill set across the organization.
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of SFDC experience with focus on Apex Classes, Apex Triggers, Apex Web Services, App Exchange deployment and Visualforce development.
- Strong understanding of Salesforce capabilities to solve complex business problems.
- Experience in integrating Salesforce and other applications using SOAP and REST API Web services and outbound messaging.
- Experience in Code Deployments from Sandbox to another Environment by Eclipse IDE, Gearset & Flosum deployment tools;
- Debug Apex scripts using Debug Logs and System Log Console to catch Exceptions and execute Governors and Limits;
- Advanced skills in Salesforce application including configuration, Apex Triggers, Test Classes, process builders, workflows, Visualforce Pages, batch processes, and database design;
- Expert knowledge of Salesforce data model, custom objects, visualforce pages, workflows, and configuration;
- Salesforce analytics experience, configuring dashboard, reports and other reporting elements.
- Salesforce Certified Developer certification;
- Ability to effectively communicate across third parties and technical and business product managers on solution design;
- Demonstrated experienced in integrating 3rd party systems with Salesforce.
- Solid understanding of SDLC processes and experienced working on Agile projects with distributed teams;
- Experience with the following technologies is a plus: Fonteva AMS, Pardot, Sales Cloud & Marketing Cloud, Data Loader, Lightning UI, DocuSign, Form Assembly, Conga Composer, Excel (VLookups, Pivot Tables, Macros, etc.);
- And strong software testing skills, with the ability to preemptively discover significant bugs & potential enhancements.
- Encourages and practices critical thinking
- Is self-reflective and empathic
- Recognizes the influence of workplace relationships on outcomes and results
- Maintains a respectful and accepting approach to others
- Awareness of the influence of the larger context on individual behavior
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Collaboratively and creatively supports the work efforts of colleagues at all levels and in all areas of the organization
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or closely related field or equivalent experience.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is constantly required to use repetitive motion, finger dexterity as well as sufficient hand dexterity to use a computer keyboard and be capable of reading a computer screen. Also, may need to remain seated for long periods of time, have the ability to perform repetitive motions, and hear well enough to detect nuances and receive detailed information.
The work conditions described here is representative of those an employee encounters while performing this job. Depending on work location, the incumbent will typically work indoors in a heated and air-conditioned office, with a mixture of natural, incandescent and fluorescent light with low to moderate noise levels or be subject to working conditions conducive to a home office. When travel is expected the incumbent will be exposed to outside environmental conditions during those times.
ZERO TO THREE: National Center for Infants, Toddlers, and Families is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities
Minimum Education Required