Established in 1967, Sound Generations is a comprehensive non-profit organization that serves older adults and adults with disabilities in King County. Our mission is to support people on their aging journey through community connections and accessible services.
We are currently seeking multiple Shuttle Bus Drivers to join the Hyde Shuttle Transportation Team.
· Full Time Benefited
o Schedule: Monday – Friday
· Part Time Benefited
o Schedule: Monday – Friday 10AM – 2PM
Details at a glance:
· Location: Downtown Seattle
· Pay: 16.50 USD Hourly
· Commuter Benefits
· Paid Vacation & Holidays
The Shuttle Bus Driver I will operate a paratransit van to transport seniors and individual with disabilities of all ages to destinations throughout King County. Provide excellent customer service while efficiently and safely transporting passengers to their destinations as scheduled. Regularly conduct vehicle inspections and maintain records. Comply with all city, county, state, federal and program rules, laws, policies, procedure and regulations.
· Operate paratransit van in various traffic and environmental conditions, on schedule to
various locations throughout King County in a safe, timely manner. Observe all safety
precautions; communicate with other drivers and the dispatch center using a two-way
radio or cell phone.
· Conduct a daily vehicle inspection of assigned vehicle prior to each use and post-trip
inspection at the end of each shift. Report all vehicle safety concerns and malfunctions
· Greet, assist and secure passengers. Provide assistance as needed, such as opening
doors, operating wheelchair lift, and escorting to buildings. Assure passenger safety and
respond to passenger illness or other medical problems as needed.
· Clean vehicle interior on a daily basis including sweeping floors, wiping windows and
sanitization. Refuel vehicle regularly.
· Complete and maintain required paperwork, including accurately reporting all trips,
accidents, unsafe sites, and passenger safety concerns to supervisor.
· Participate in mandatory trainings and program-related meetings.
· Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
· Maintain citation and (at fault) accident free driving record.
· Demonstrate an eagerness to learn and enhance skills that promote equity and
inclusion. Participate in events related to understanding institutional racism and other
forms of oppression.
· Maintain regular and satisfactory attendance and punctuality.
· Assume and discharge other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
· High School Diploma/GED OR equivalent.
· Minimum of One (1) year professional driving experience.
· Minimum of One (1) year of providing customer service to the general public.
Skills & Abilities
· Must be at least 25 years of age, for insurance purposes.
· Must have a valid Washington State driver's license.
· Must have a clean driving record, be able to pass all pre-employment screenings such as DOT Physical, Drug and Alcohol Tests and maintain compliance with city, state and FTA regulations throughout employment.
· Ability use technology such as phone, tablet, and radio effectively.
· Provide excellent customer service and problem solve effectively.
· Ability to work independently and autonomously make decisions.
· Learn, interpret and apply policies, procedures, instructions, and other information.
· Excellent interpersonal skills; In-person, email, phone, and virtual.
· Demonstrate skills that promote equity and inclusion in a culturally diverse environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Sound Generations values a diverse workforce. It’s the policy of Sound Generations to provide equal opportunity to all persons seeking or having access to its employment, services and activities, which is free from restriction based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation or disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
There are no limitations to who’s a best fit to serve our local communities. If we call you for an interview and you need specific accommodations, please let us know! We’re happy to make the arrangements. We’ll need to know ten (10) days in advance to make sure we get you situated.
For best results, please call our Human Resources department at 206.727.6240. You’re also welcome to mail your request to Human Resources.
How to Apply
Please visit: https://soundgenerations.org/careers/
Established in 1967, Sound Generations is a comprehensive non-profit organization that serves older adults and adults with disabilities in King County. Our mission is to support people on their aging journey…