2455 Sutherland Ave
The Information and Referral Coordinator is responsible for coordinating resources and events for Centro’s clients as well as providing relevant connections between clients and service providers. Initiative, self-motivation, good judgment and interpersonal skills are required. Must be a team player, reliable and enthusiastic.
- Interact with Centro’s clients in Spanish and English via phone, email and walk-ins, providing the appropriate information to meet the clients’ needs.
- Maintain an accurate record of all interactions with Centro’s clients.
- Provide intensive tracking and follow-up on all clients.
- Maintain current list of community resources including health, legal and civic areas via online searches and coordination with other non-profit organizations.
- Manage various programs designed to engage and educate Centro’s clients, such as community events, Women’s Wellness group, Sewing Classes, etc. Coordinate the logistics of the events including speakers, child care and materials.
- Coordinate with Centro staff regarding schedule and content of all Information and Referral programs.
- Arrange and coordinate legal assessment sessions with legal providers and interpreters.
- Attend networking and community building events, promoting understanding and availability of Centro’s Information and Referral services.
- Coordinate with community partners to develop and plan educational workshops on health, legal and civic topics.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Fully Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Bachelor degree in communications, human services or social work related field or 2 year’s equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Social work experience preferred.
- Commitment to Centro Hispano’s goals and mission.
- Demonstrate ability to advocate, organize, direct /guide, problem-solve and provide results.
- Ability to guide interns and volunteers.
- Trustworthiness, reliability and honesty in handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures and equipment, including Microsoft Office suite and Google suite.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines, ability to work at a fast pace and to handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Normal/corrected eyesight, hearing within normal range.
- Ability to work some early morning, evening and weekends as needed.
- Ability to navigate with ease throughout the American and Latino cultures.
- Must have a valid state driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Medical and dental insurance available
- 2 weeks paid vacation annually
Level of Language Proficiency
Completely bilingual in Spanish and English
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
- A resume with references
- A cover letter.